AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 7, 2026 8:21 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Closed Link Traverse Setup, Closure, and Adjustment Refresher Wanted

If you PM me I can walk you through setting up to perform all the correct comps. First you need to get the data on the same system. That’s where scali...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Link Traverse Setup, Closure, and Adjustment Refresher Wanted

This is should help. This is not exact but should be close enough for a math exercise. Take your state plane starting coords. And all your sudo state ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: LiDAR to Design to Survey Layout - Riegl VZ600i

Nice job. It takes some due diligence to truly get to manufacture specs on using a scanner. After performing numerous scans in many different ways and...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Starlink - GPS

Many of the LEOS not all but some are already using GPS to determine their positions in a near real time type environment. That could be the solution ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Bureaucrats Need Math Lessons

Just locate to the outside center of all pins a hair. What’s a hundredth here or there . It is sad that we have to go through so much red tape to do ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Link Traverse Setup, Closure, and Adjustment Refresher Wanted

Great information. It’s why I pushed hard to stay in the grid lambert here on projects. The bs fs of short vs long. True in this situation if doing a...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Sin cos tan of exterior right triangle

Hey it’s teachers like you that made something that was extremely difficult for a dyslexic person to see the fun and understanding that math and other...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Link Traverse Setup, Closure, and Adjustment Refresher Wanted

So like others have stated that’s a long distance away from a single base. What type of network are you running. Just about all manufacturers state ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: US Army Corps of Engineers Jobs

So I have met several Land Surveyors in my time that worked for the USACE. Here are my thoughts on the advertising of jobs. I don’t think it is turno...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Sin cos tan of exterior right triangle

@mathteacher I am sorry maybe it’s the muscle relaxers but I am feeling a bit juvenile. Sin = Oscar has cos = a harry tanj = old a$$. . That’s is ho...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Link Traverse Setup, Closure, and Adjustment Refresher Wanted

I have no clue about the magnet software much. I did use it for staking and one thing I did like about it was the words on the screen where enlarged f...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Training for button pushers

Wow some great insights here from some very smart people. I will try and add a few things that I did with my crews and it went against the grain of ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Link Traverse Setup, Closure, and Adjustment Refresher Wanted

If your project is grid then you either need to scale it to ground or scale your ground distance to grid. They all need to be in the same system. I ra...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: TSC7 & Access

Have a good friend that many years ago he at some point was going to name one of his English Bulldogs PDOP. lol. Before Trimble Access on the old TSC...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Across the Pond

Where you shooting to a 360 prism or a regular prism. Also what was the sun doing on the water at time of shooting the distance that was not repeata...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Across the Pond

Since you can see between the points you could also set up points parallel to the line and perform the above @pfirmst stated as well. Sorry I am down...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Working at an Engineering firm with "drama"

That is so true. I just wish I could in this business. But I am not there yet.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Working at an Engineering firm with "drama"

Leadership. Many great engineers and great surveyors. While management skills have been taught and developed they have muddled the waters and exchange...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Across the Pond

Why not set up a baseline on one side and triangulate to the point across the river as a check. Do this at night if possible. You could do this simult...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK radio range

Something we have done a few times in mountains is I would set up 2 bases a few miles a part. Same frequency same everything just know the different s...

2 years ago
Page 26 / 139