AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 7, 2026 8:21 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Solo to small shop owners question

Well you said it. I am not one to save a nickel when a dollar is on the line. I have passed that phase of cheap tools and then I break some wrench tha...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo to small shop owners question

lol I believe you. We get nickeled and dime by everything now days. Everything seems to go to a monthly charge. Which is difficult for someone that ha...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo to small shop owners question

Hey thanks. I started looking at the LO on my phone after @No_Target mentioned it. Who knows which direction we will go in once the computer arrives ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo to small shop owners question

I will look into that. Thanks. I have been looking at Carlson on intellicad along with Traverse PC as well. I probably need to buy civil 3d and learn...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo to small shop owners question

I see Microsoft has now gone to everything as a monthly payment plan. Good grief. I guess gone are the days of actually owning something. Might be tim...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo to small shop owners question

Thanks I will look into that. Is it compatible with excel and word docs. I am asking as I do still help several friends across the country and often ...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 26
Views: 1891
Reply
RE: Best practice to measure GNSS Antenna Height used with tripod?

Does the antenna and software not have a slant height measurement routine. Before the GPS fixed height rods all the antennas and antenna/receivers I h...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Quick question - Access (2017)

What others have stated. Translate or rotate in the middle of a project can get one in trouble. I always try and take my computed points and rotate th...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Using HP35S with DMS

@GaryG that’s it I think . I think some people are trying to get them to make that without the added features so it can be used on the exams. They a...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Using HP35S with DMS

@jbw Someone is making an alternative to the various hp calculators they look identical but I believe the new ones have a way you can connect to them ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Engineering Experience options

I truly like what @chris-bouffard states. It is awesome you are concerned about this person. That shows true leadership. Hopefully you can navigate an...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS BETA-S 5.0.0

I was trying to copy the link but can’t for some reason. On the main opus page at the bottom you have two options rapid static lower left and static ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS BETA-S 5.0.0

OPUS Rapid static is for 15-min to 2 hrs I believe. Then regular opus static is 2hrs plus. All will be decimated to 30 second epochs. Unless somethin...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Using HP35S with DMS

I have heard talk that some organizations are trying to get someone to produce the HP without the other technology that is embedded now days so it can...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Using HP35S with DMS

I have used HP RPN so long that using a regular calculator to do simple arithmetic I often blunder. I mean to enter 1+1= to get 2 versus 1 <enter&g...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Link Traverse Setup, Closure, and Adjustment Refresher Wanted

Sorry just seeing this. Was out doing a favor for a friend on a rural site hardly no cell. I checked and saw we are connected so at the top right side...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Link Traverse Setup, Closure, and Adjustment Refresher Wanted

This is a very good point. StarNet survnet. Getting everything on the Same page. Like items. Rtk is less precise but if everything is weighted correct...

2 years ago
Page 25 / 139