AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 8:35 pm
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: Construction staking procedures

party chef, post: 353940, member: 98 wrote: Knowing how to swede, pace, 3-4-5 a triangle, use a plumb bob, pull a whamy (another term for "clapping a ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction staking procedures

Dear Al: I know nothing about slope staking, batter boards, plumb bobs or chains. That is history as far as I am concerned. When I arrive at a site I ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction staking procedures

Dear Al: My whole career has been construction and I would advise steady communication with the contractor and the operator. They know what they need ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Carrying the Instrument

I always place my instruments in the case in order to transport. I instruct anyone to do likewise with my instruments. I do not stand on the case. It ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Double run leveling accuracy

I can understand that checking the results at intermediate turning points may help to isolate blunders. My thoughts and surveying experiences were lik...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Double run leveling accuracy

Mike Marks wrote... "I'm guessing based on your response(s) that you think using the same turning points out and back from BM to BM is an acceptable p...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Navigating in the forest with a compass

Thank you for all the great advice. The local newspaper is interviewing me for a feature on navigating with a compass. I don't want to overwhelm them ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Navigating in the forest with a compass

Even vern, post: 338949, member: 3436 wrote: Working in the mountains of Colorado, depending on the amount of magnetic rock, a compass is not always a...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 25
Views: 3866
Reply
RE: Lay and Lie, legal words?

Dear Mr. Adams: I disagree. I do know how to use the terms. Yet on reading the original post you will see there a question: "... maybe something else"...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Lay and Lie, legal words?

I would not prefer that the land lie. The land is situated... would be my choice of language. I am not a lawyer. Very truly yours, Mr. Language Person

11 years ago
Reply
RE: A Survey Compass that was never in production

That is an interesting story about Bud. He was a great man. Thank you LRWells.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: A Survey Compass that was never in production

Thank you for the responses. I too have a compasses that allow for adjustment of the declination. My assumption was that the colonial surveyors' compa...

11 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Surveying.

Nothing is more annoying than having to read something like this. When I grew up I often wondered why surveyors cautioned that I needed to measure a d...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors in legal trouble again...

Thank you for reading my post. I thought I made clear the purpose of the trespass law with regard to surveying. I also stated that that planning a rou...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors in legal trouble again...

The surveyor's right of trespass involves the nebulous state of a property line until an opinion has been made at the conclusion of a survey. That is,...

11 years ago
Page 59 / 62