AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 8:35 pm
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

I corrected my typographical error. It was makers, but I intended to write markers.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

Less work for me, of course. However, although it is more work for him, he will have the emotional reward of knowing his markers will be easier to fin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

If you find the need to be rude in your everyday conversations then you may be a bully.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

You're rightThank you Andy. The Board of Licensing also prefers more precise language. Their preference is more a requirement than a suggestion.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

I disagree with your implication. Work is more than measurement. Writing is work. Writing needs to be precise. If you would just agree with me then it...

11 years ago
Reply
11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

I agree. Monument is kind of esoteric.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

Let me ask a question to answer your question. Le't say you set a pin. I go into the field and find an axle, two steel reinforcing rods with different...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

Yes. That is a proper and precise description.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

Why would I want anyone from Texas know my real name?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

Thank you Jim. I guess it is fine in casual conversation to use these quaint descriptions. On the map that you draw of your survey and for those in th...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-Licensed Survey Profession

I can find a needle in a haystack... but I am a professional.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

Would you be able to find my car in a parking lot? Would it even help if I told you it was a Chevrolet?I think you would have more confidence in your ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

The words are not interchangeable. The description of a marked corner needs to be precise. Since it is meant to endure, that is how I imagine a profes...

11 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: GPS Control

ok, thank you.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Control

I am working on other parts of the boundary and road layout while the receiver collects data. Besides it's only money, right? Actually I am working pr...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Control

I surveyed a traverse between the two OPUS positions using ground measurements in an arbitrary coordinate system. Then I calculated a transformation i...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Control

I am getting a level instrument to get the elevation difference on my traverse. There is a first order Bench Mark nearby. I did not collect elevation ...

11 years ago
Page 60 / 62