AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 5:33 am
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: Words as weapons

Thank you Dave Karoly.?ÿ I meant to write clear and obvious monuments in my previous posts. Even today I find surveyors who have ignored clear and obv...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Words as weapons

You are exactly right in terms of the marks being held as a boundary rather than the measurements. This is true in all cases. Even today I find survey...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Words as weapons

I am thinking that part of his problem is placing too much emphasis on mathematics.

8 years ago
Topic
8 years ago
Replies: 6
Views: 1188
Reply
RE: Wood Tripod Dilemma

Don't be mean. I did, in fact, choose the Leica wood tripods to replace the SOKKIA tripods that have been in service for many years. I agree with you ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Wood Tripod Dilemma

I have not had a problem with SOKKIA and think they are fine, sturdy and stable. It's just that the Leica tripods are lighter, but, still made of wood...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Wood Tripod Dilemma

Elegance wins. I don't have a robot and I don't like those easy slip lever locks. Thank you for all the advice. ?ÿ

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 38
Views: 3021
Reply
RE: Does Civil 3D provide value to the typical surveyor?

I am fortunate in that I do not have clients that choose which software I use. In the past I have lost clients that refused to understand that I was a...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Descriptions Debate... Point of Termination vs Point of Ending??

Also, our Department of Transportation uses the phrase "End of Layout" to mean end of funding for a particular phase. In subsequent years there may be...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Descriptions Debate... Point of Termination vs Point of Ending??

Whatever. But... Always consider the person who will read the description. Will they understand the meaning without and explanation of word choice? Al...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Fire Hydrants as Benchmarks

I have used fire hydrants as bench marks. Yes at times I have found they have been replaced. Anyway, I always check into two bench marks before beginn...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Brook, stream or river?

If it's babbling, then it's a brook. Other than that they are all synonymous. ?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Topo Shoe

How about a rubber tube and a hose clamp?

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Leveling equipment

I bought an expensive automatic level with a high power telescope and other features set apart from the ordinary types. It is well worth it to have lo...

8 years ago
Page 50 / 62