AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 5:33 am
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: Merger (not easements)

I have met some that believe a new map is necessary to remove a common line between two lots. I believe that is an unnecessary task. It is also an unn...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Merger (not easements)

There is only one lot. The description was written to describe two lots that were chosen to be conveyed from the subdivision as a matter of convenienc...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Merger (not easements)

I think there is enough information on the existing subdivision plan  to show the offsets would be fine. There is no need for a new survey.

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 17
Views: 1446
Reply
RE: Another Surveyor wants my CAD file to copy...

Before I share a CAD file I will always change the cursor and background color to be the same. Another useful tip is to set the value of SNAP to be 10...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d vs. LDD

As I said in my previous example, if the software is part of the specification then it is part of the fee.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d vs. LDD

That is really the problem. Software developers need to make money so they constantly tweak little things here and there. Your competitors bow their h...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d vs. LDD

Generally I don't work for people who tell me what methods or tools I need to use. When I did work for a company that had a policy about requests for ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: The 4 Things You Need To Know Before Hiring A Surveyor

The four things are all number one. 🙂

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Let's play "Guess That Cryptic Layer Name"

I meant to write Calculated Magnetic Declination Lines

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Let's play "Guess That Cryptic Layer Name"

C-MAGD-L?ÿ My guess is Magnetic Declination Lines?ÿ?ÿ:-) ?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Tribrach Fixing Screw

I think your clients should appreciate the cost of doing business. If they are not, just ram some bubble gum, duct tape and a clothes pin in there to ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Deliverables

One of the most annoying?ÿ Corporate Buzzwords. Ranking number 37 in the top 100 buzz speak from hell.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: 30th Anniversary of First Block II GPS Satellite Launched Into Orbit

Happy Anniversary. My profile picture is from 1990.?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello from Florida archaeology-Sokkia Question

You can get the SDR33 really cheap on ebay. It would be naturally compatible since it is made by SOKKIA. In my archaeology class we made a grid for th...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Language and Ambiguity

Exactly why I prefer unambiguous language. I answered my telephone one day and the person on the other end was asking if I would participate in a surv...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 1047
Page 49 / 62