AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 5:33 am
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: What makes a survey?

Thank you to everyone on this post for the friendly advice. I am going to try to convince the client and the neighbor to agree to a boundary line adju...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What makes a survey?

Those are great thoughts Bill. There is no occupation. The newer map refers to the older map in the title block, but, no specific notes or explanation...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What makes a survey?

Yes, in general these lake resorts or camp lots from long ago were basically drafting board surveys. If there were any monuments out there, only the s...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What makes a survey?

The person trying to hold the older map has been through several surveyors and the latest one is trying to work out a boundary line agreement, which o...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What makes a survey?

There are a few monuments on the later plan, but, not on the older one. As time went by other surveyors have done work in the area of this "camp" subd...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What makes a survey?

Yes Brian, some parcels were purchased based on the older map, so one might consider junior / senior rights. I could also sell a parcel by referring t...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What makes a survey?

Both maps are recorded. I tried to look up the company names to contact, but it is long ago... I agree that it may have been a preliminary or concept ...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 21
Views: 1554
Reply
RE: So whats with the red light

I saw a red light the other day and it was the guide light. I had accidentally turned it on when I was push some other buttons.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: So whats with the red light

Infrared radiation (IR) is not visible.

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 14
Views: 1292
Reply
RE: Abbreviations

Yes, a legend would be appropriate.?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Abbreviations

I think it matters little how you, as a surveyor, will interpret the non-standard abbreviations. You should consider your audience when making notes o...

7 years ago
Topic
7 years ago
Replies: 6
Views: 1799
Reply
RE: Ebay

No doubt there may be a pearl or two hiding in the garbage. I'm just saying there is a lot of garbage.

8 years ago
Topic
8 years ago
Replies: 8
Views: 653
Reply
RE: Merger (not easements)

So, I'm still trying to figure why I am so wrong on this. Let's say I buy two lots and combined they are three (3) acres total. They are described in ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Cell phone surveying

I think it would be okay if they had used the cell phone to call a land surveyor.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Merger (not easements)

I  would agree with you if the two lots were conveyed in two separate deeds. In the case of one deed conveying both of the lots simultaneously th...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Merger (not easements)

In other words, you let political hacks do your thinking for you. Are you active in any discussion of how political hacks put the squeeze on property ...

8 years ago
Page 48 / 62