AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 7, 2026 7:16 pm
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Topic
Replies: 17
Views: 1530
Topic
5 years ago
Replies: 2
Views: 1047
Reply
5 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS

@jitterboogie My favorite is the chrome. We did a project where we had to have the construction crew provide a nice soft pile of soil for the photogr...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS

@aliquot I'm a strange guy. It's just that sometimes there is no need to go running to the surveyor's office every time you need to measure. Would yo...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS

Good news. The client met with the town today and got a permit to reconstruct his garage. He wants to get it surveyed anyway, so we all win. By the w...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS

@holy-cow Thank you. I did prepare a map and noted the source of the information is the town's GIS. It is signed, sealed and delivered. Let's see wha...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS

@murphy That is what I did. I don't know about the permit application yet, but I sent the client to the town with a map I made from the GIS. When I t...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS

@bob-freeman You are right. It is the Rivers Act.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS

@bstrand They want to know if the concrete foundation is 200 feet or more from a brook on the property. It is not a site plan. Just a question to det...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS

@mark-mayer GIS stands for Geographic Information System. It is a little more nuanced than what you imply. The town did not bring up the subject at a...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS

Just to clarify my original post, there is a concrete foundation from a previous structure on the site. The client wants to rebuild it for a garage. T...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Pipe Diameter

@bstrand I do that sometimes too.

6 years ago
Topic
6 years ago
Replies: 41
Views: 1679
Reply
RE: Pipe Diameter

I use simple calipers and have both the inside, and outside types. Gauge the object and hold it against the ruler for a measurement. The purpose of t...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: And in this corner, another windmill.....

@mike-marks I'm not going to tell anyone how to carry or care for equipment. However, the Operator's Manual that comes with the equipment, an automat...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: And in this corner, another windmill.....

I'd be surprised if that guy in the picture is a surveyor. Nobody should carry a level like that. So he's probably a male model and that's a stereotyp...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Line Adjustment

Thank you to everyone reading and responding to this question.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Line Adjustment

@jphYes, the Planning Board must indicate their Approval is Not Required (ANR). Then the map will be recorded.?ÿ ?ÿ

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 21
Views: 3676
Page 36 / 62