AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 2:08 pm
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: Staking in the wind

I was banging a stake on a construction project with an audience of project managers and workers. The hammer handle broke on the upswing and the hamme...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: "I used to be a surveyor"

?ÿ ƒ??I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.ƒ? ƒ???ÿMitch Hedberg ?ÿ Apologies, but this post reminded me of this very funny joke.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Is there a Civ 3D tool that correct occupation errors?

@bushaxe?ÿ Say you have two control points, 1 and 2. If you occupy either of them and back sight the other there would be no "error".

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Peculiar Prism

@chris-mills?ÿ Thank you. That is some great information.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Peculiar Prism

@rundatline?ÿ It is not a ƒ??knock-offƒ?

5 years ago
Topic
5 years ago
Replies: 5
Views: 1162
Reply
RE: How do you relax and take your mind away from work?

I have a music room. Add some musical friends and viola!

5 years ago
Topic
5 years ago
Replies: 4
Views: 1067
Reply
RE: TBM -- in a utility pole?

@jph?ÿ No, there is nothing fixed to tie in. I can move the bridge (feel the power) half a foot, but I am notifying the designer that I will be doing...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: TBM -- in a utility pole?

@holy-cow?ÿ Yes, the back of the prism is not the true target spot. We use a machined metal adapter that screws on to the prism giving a zero offset....

5 years ago
Reply
RE: TBM -- in a utility pole?

We have a bridge project where the only survey controls given are two spikes in utility pole either side of the proposed construction. The spikes doub...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 1912
Reply
RE: Rich folks won't pay our prices, and the poor cannot afford our services

I don't have time to explain why professional services are expensive. Don't fall into a trap where you are constantly working or trying to work for ba...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Nonfeasance

@jph?ÿ You are correct. The Town Clerk's responsibilities are described in detail. I am contemplating sending them along with another persistent requ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Nonfeasance

@jph?ÿ I just got an email from the clerk and the assessor. They said they forwarded my message to the DPW. No kidding! ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Nonfeasance

@nate-the-surveyor?ÿ I can find stuff if I am allowed to find stuff.?ÿ If the new clerk knows nothing, then how did they get the job? We have guide...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Nonfeasance

@holy-cow?ÿ When the town clerk claims no idea what the request is about or is passing the buck to another government employee, like the assessor or ...

5 years ago
Page 33 / 62