AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 2:08 pm
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: Nonfeasance

@aliquot?ÿ These people are not understaffed. They are overweight. The appointed or elected town officials have no qualifications other than winning...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Nonfeasance

@jpb?ÿ A wet bird never flies at night.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Nonfeasance

@holy-cow?ÿ It's big for a town, but certainly not with a 50,000 population. However, in Massachusetts Law it is the responsibility of the Town Clerk...

5 years ago
Topic
5 years ago
Replies: 48
Views: 2113
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

@jonathan50?ÿ Yes, the contract requires 50% retainer.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

@jph?ÿ The court is next. Stay tuned!

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

I attended the mediation hearing today and it was insane. The client produced a bunch of photographs showing the edge of the pavement wanting to know ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

@jim-frame?ÿ I am sorry. Hopefully that will not happen again.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

@mike-marks?ÿ The instructions from the court state that lawyers are not necessary, but I may hire one if I wish. That may be different where you are...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

@toivo1037?ÿ Okay.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

@nate-the-surveyor?ÿ I don't think that would be ethical. Also I am afraid it may evolve into a violent situation.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

@jph?ÿ You are right. It is a small claim. Since the delinquent client is acting entitled by making the decision that I may keep the retainer fee whi...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

@bill-c?ÿ I didn't think so until suspicions were raised here on this thread. When I filed with the court back in April of this year, the notice I go...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

@wendell?ÿ I asked this question too in my telephone conversation with the mediator. As another poster suggested, he may be looking at his phone or a...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

@lurker?ÿ Yes, it's the principle that matters.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

@mike-marks?ÿ Also I was the one that filed with the court. I have not agreed to mediation, and may not. The mediator contacted me and told me that t...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

@jitterboogie?ÿ What is WEIW? I know from a recent post that IANAL means I am not a lawyer. I can't seem to Google the other one.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

@bill93?ÿ I agree. Thank you.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

@mike-marks?ÿ Thank you for the advice. This the first ever experience for me with mediation and court. In the past threatening letters worked to eli...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

@jitterboogie?ÿ I agree. Considering the delinquent client's case is simply that the survey is "wrong" I am beginning to think that it would be a was...

5 years ago
Page 34 / 62