AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 2:08 pm
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: Thalweg vs. Thread

@holy-cow I agree. What is the point in learning these archaic words in order to become a land surveyor? Thalweg is not even an English word. It is...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Thalweg vs. Thread

They always ask that question. Thalweg is the deepest part of the channel. Thread is the center of the stream. Your state laws may differ.

4 years ago
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 0
Views: 668
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 9
Views: 1462
Reply
RE: Slope staking on exam

Old is the key word here, and I really do not understand why these examinations focus on ancient knowledge. Do you want your employees to be proficie...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: "plot plan" versus "boundary survey"

In my opinion "plot plan" is a colloquialism. If I receive a request for a "plot plan" I need an explanation for the purpose, what is being done, and ...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 949
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 341
Reply
RE: Why bother...

@kjypls?ÿThe map was recorded, and it is a mess. I am mulling over whether I want to take on this case. I may refer the client to the surveyor who cre...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Archaic?

@dave-o?ÿ Yikes!

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Why bother...

@peter-lothian?ÿ No, it's perfectly straight. Look at the drawing. 🙂

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Why bother...

@jph?ÿ I suppose that may be possible by selecting observations at the center of the stone wall and making a line of best fit. Perhaps we should try ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Why bother...

@lurker?ÿ Without monuments at Lot 1 we must survey the entire perimeter to establish that boundary. It seems the survey who created Lot 1 could have...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Why bother...

@jph?ÿ It is in Massachusetts, and the regulations you cite are the minimum standard. I've never wanted to be known as the surveyor who follows the m...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Why bother...

My complaint about this map is that the only corner is in the rear of Lot 2, and that the one on the stone wall at the east is not defined. It would b...

4 years ago
Page 21 / 62