Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 6, 2026 2:08 pm
Here is an excercise in lot design based on the planning rules for a one-acre lot. Both look stupid in my opinion. The first would not allow an adjace...
You've got the width. The rest should be easy.😜
Today I was trying to figure out what a 'plot plan' is and then what is the difference to a 'certified plot plan' as I get these requests. I have alwa...
I once worked for a company that purchased another survey business after the owner died. When I opened the desk drawer there was a copy of Autodesk so...
I take care of my equipment and procedures. What bothers me is people who sneak up behind me to ask what I am doing. It's really none of their busines...
In my juridiction it is required for maps that are recorded. It has a benefit to users who obtain reduced size maps. Also, the software I use makes it...
Excellent. Fitchburg it is! Thank you. Did you know that people of Fitchburg are called Fitchburgers?
...to answer the original question... The law does not limit our rights to direct abutters... and we do notify the neighbors about our survey project ...
Even with the right of entry law in our state, we are guaranteed harrasment, delays, police encounters, pulled monuments and beligerence. It is the si...
I agree with those of you here who are wondering why surveyors don't record the map. Recording is only a $105 fee at the Registry of Deeds in our stat...
Thank you for that suggestion. I'll do that.
In this situation there is only one building corner over the line.
The photograph is copied from Google. I do have some photographs of the Wood Turtle from another project, but, I can't locate them. I learned a lot ab...
The reason I ask is that an attorney has reviewed my map from several years ago. He has another surveyor's report that the building on the property is...