AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: The apples fell far from the tree

What about one of these guys who "finds and accepts it", yields to the only screwball stuff in the 'hood, and now starts trying to merge with reality?...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How to evaluate uncertainty in an azimuth

Maybe you could: Put 2 stakes in the ground, intervisable. GPS on these. 1/4 MI apart. Then, use total station to transfer it to the boat. Or to th...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How to evaluate uncertainty in an azimuth

if you use 2 static receivers, simultaneously, in clear areas, (no obstructions),?ÿ your accuracy for establishing directional control, will be much b...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: "Approximate Property Corner"

Some surveyors need caps marked "Approximate corner" "Pls 666" 🙂 ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: "Approximate Property Corner"

Well, I've seen some "surveys", that SHOULD have had that on all corners! It was just an admission! Thank you, Nate

6 years ago
Reply
RE: False fixes

I'm using Javad. But, I don't get the newer sats, Galileo, beidu etc. So, my units need the upgrade. I haven't done it. I'm told 2 things via the grap...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: False fixes

In the afternoon, sat configuration has been poor.?ÿ It'll improve in the fall... Or Get a newer gps that uses "all birds up". Galileo, bideu, and ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: A Good Man With a Sawzall (Boundary Dispute)

Sawzall is cheaper than a lawyer. Surveyors are cheaper than lawyers. But, the real loss is the neighbor. They lost a friendship. That's the bad Par...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: JAVAD LS+ point data collect

X sec sequence of desc? Like: CL EP GC ES (EDGE SHOULDER) DIT,?ÿ and, the other question, Right now, Javad allows voice recorded desc. Converting ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you describe our role to landowners?

I was in court several months ago. The other surveyor did not do "due diligence". Showed up at court angry. My kids enjoyed it. The other surveyor cov...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: External Base Battery Recommendation

Any deep cycle battery will work fine. Weƒ??ve always either purchased Interstate or CAT batteries; both are probably overkill but they do fine with G...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: External Base Battery Recommendation

I have been using 55 ah SLA for years. I add flat connector pig tails. I add 3 of them. One powers the radio, one powers the elec fence, and one (use...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Bipods, quality, business, and the end user

Well, I fastened the vice grips to the button, and to the aluminum wedge, and sprayed it with PB Blaster. After working it for 5 min, it came apart. T...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Bipods, quality, business, and the end user

I guess you are right, @Mark Mayer.?ÿ I have a 5 or 6. Old Bipods. All with the rod stuck in the lock mechanism. Try to remove, and the rod twists of...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 17
Views: 1367
Reply
RE: No More Print Media!

Those javad ads will sell for 25 bucks on eBay, when I'm 90! 🙂 N

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Stolen equipment database for the public?

I doubt it that I "pulled him in". I threw some paper in his campfire, and it flamed up for a bit, but the fire was already lit, and sustaining this i...

6 years ago
Page 85 / 527