AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: GNSS in Canopy

Its not just taking GPS shots in those photos. It is ALSO quantifying them. ie, a pretty accurate error ellipse to boot. Stuff surveyors love.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS in Canopy

It's not just that it can get shots in tough places, it's the CONFIDENCE in those shots, that makes a surveyor sing! In the above photo, there are 2 p...

10 years ago
Reply
10 years ago
Reply
RE: External Battery and Charging

Many GPS systems say they are rated for some 10.8v to 36 volts... (I don't know how they do this) but your battery is NOT rated for more than 15.9 vol...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: External Battery and Charging

I don't know about the ones from Harbor Freight. But, as I collect the data... the little battery tender kind probably don't have a voltage regulator....

10 years ago
Reply
RE: External Battery and Charging

A good one for the base... seems like a good idea. If the sun were shining, maybe get 2-3 days from a single battery. Depends on what wattage you run ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: External Battery and Charging

You can get a solar charger, to hook to the base. They are on ebay. N

10 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS in Canopy

IF you want to SEE some of the mind blowing shots, taken by Javad users, go look at this thread, on the Javad forum:You might have to log in, (I don't...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: That's What I Get For Being Sociable

It was not your affiable nature, that sunk the catamaran.It was the non discriminatory nature of your socializing robot, that raised the lake, into an...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Which total station should I buy? (12k or under)

All total stations are prone to move, due to sun, and temperature changes.A large umbrella does help.Check level, and backsite frequently. Thats prett...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Side-by-Side / ATV questions

It's big, but has a very good suspension, and power is way up.It's worth a look.I drove one.N

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Side-by-Side / ATV questions

John Collins above has good advice.I looked at the new kawasaki mule.3 cyl. Convertable, from large bed, to small bed, with an extra seat. Power steer...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting boundary issue

Fence... Is the line.The end.N

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Rover

I don't know much about the x91'sHowever, if I were in the market, I'd want the best.How I'd determine what was best, is to set up a gauntlet.15 to 20...

10 years ago
Page 190 / 527