AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: GPS in the woods, under canopy,

This was yesterday. I got 2 shots, fully confirmed. They were 0.10' apart, plus after post processing, they were within a few hundredths.And, yes, the...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS in the woods, under canopy,

I don't have a video... like that. Sorry. Maybe somebody can make one. N

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS in the woods, under canopy,

This brings up an important point. WHAT is heavy canopy?HEAVY canopy, for my old gear, is not heavy canopy for the LS. There are places where it is si...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS in the woods, under canopy,

What's the point?It's not just a fixed solution.It's a it's way more than that.N

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS in the woods, under canopy,

It's easy to get a fixed solution, lots of places. The ACTUAL problem is, is it the correct fixed solution?And, that is why we like this system. N

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Would You Show This?

Depends. Did you check the box "show all mailboxes, and trash right of ways"?Someday, some poor surveyor is going to get sued, for "failure to show po...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: ArWest Comm by Javad

Tough titty, said the kitty, but the milk was still good!N

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What's proper protocol, for replacing a 1936 blm mon?

I like jim's suggestion above "reset, 2017, pls 1254"Or, i can set an aluminum marker there, as per Arkansas Geological Commission standards.Either wa...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble IIe Radio

Or ebay it, to a foreign country...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS in the woods, under canopy,

Williwaw, by way of explanation, for flagging a line in trees, you would:Set it to gain fix, and reset, almost perpetually. (for those who own one, se...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS in the woods, under canopy,

With all due respect Willwaw, I didn't mean to insult you.Nate

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS in the woods, under canopy,

15 minutes? You cannot set up a total sta, and chain saw your way in, and walk back and forth, 3-4x, and set your corner much faster, than I can. I am...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS in the woods, under canopy,

David, I'd love to test em in the redwoods. I have walked through the tree, that you used to be able to drive through. Back, about 1977...N

9 years ago
Reply
RE: ArWest Comm by Javad

Lee, I have struggled to figure out why they are not easy to pay...I gave it up, and worked with it.N

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS in the woods, under canopy,

Williwaw, post: 427005, member: 7066 wrote: Isn't there a point of diminishing returns in an attempt to use RTK in dense canopy when it might just be ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS in the woods, under canopy,

Search? Stake?They are a bit different... The LS gives a fix almost anywhere. But, it's something akin to a "High Quality Float" in the old gear. You...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS in the woods, under canopy,

With my old gear, it eventually became a game... look at the canopy... and say, yes, no, or 1 hr. If it was yes, I'd do it. If it was 1 hr, it was usu...

9 years ago
Page 174 / 527