AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mvanhank222
mvanhank222
@mvanhank222
Free
Joined: May 1, 2014 1:48 pm
Last seen: April 9, 2026 1:10 pm
Topics: 17 / Replies: 357
Reply
RE: Nail Driving Prism Pole

If we have to set a lot of nails in asphalt I typically use 1-1/2ƒ? to 2-1/2ƒ? bright finish fluted masonry nails they drive really well and donƒ??t...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: 2d to 3d points

You can either draw/locate points out of the points menu and click the locate on real z box. Or in your tri/surface menu use points from .crd instead ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What is everyone using for business, emailing and more

Outlook we do the office 365 route with that you can have office on 5 devices per user

7 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA flood zone A

If you can obtain any data on the spillway of the dam and the 100yr flood elevation that was designed for I am sure that would support the case for a ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson setting that would make civil 3D objects invisible

I ran the drawing cleanup and they all came in I donƒ??t know why I didnƒ??t think of that earlier and I really donƒ??t get it but hey itƒ??s working.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Tripod for scanning upside down?

I am sure I have seen that exact thing it is a reverse elevatior tripod has a crank down system. I think Seco makes one also but I canƒ??t find that. ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Might have to take the plunge and get into GPS Station Surveys

At 150m a good 5ƒ? robot that has been properly adjusted should easily be able to hold elevations within 5mm. An added benefit is it would be much fa...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Virginia Counties to use GIS to adjust boundary

The way I read it is they want to do a GIS assessors plat. There is a lot that could go wrong but as long as all affected parties agree it may clean u...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Might have to take the plunge and get into GPS Station Surveys

I didnƒ??t see anyone mention this but if the sites are all small under 300mx300m I would think a robotic total station may be a better option as it w...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson importing Microstation DGN file

Update to 2019 it has native.DGN?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon LN-100 versus Trimble RPT600

For MEP only another thing to look at is the spectra quick mark system. I donƒ??t think it will do vertical well but is a pretty slick system for gett...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Locating sag in electric line between 2 telephone poles

I think the function is plane and offset?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Simplicity

I thought it was a .dgn native software. Carlson 2019 the current version is dgn native as well so I would assume itƒ??s not really worth it anymore.?...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvPC/CE & Sokkia Robotic

Bad motor in the robot? We had 1 motor go on an IX and I know a guy who had 2 go on a Topcon GT.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Computer assistance required

Another option would be a NAS storage drive. We have a Seagate that works well.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Stake Bag Source

Maybe the Home Depot Husky 24ƒ? Tool bag.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Building Monitoring or Measuring .005' Vertical

If you had something monolithic within 1000ƒ?? I would think a digital level would be the best tool for the job.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Fire Hydrants as Benchmarks

I think hydrants work well as long as they arenƒ??t replaced. The other opinion I like in densely populated areas are stoops.?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: How far would you level a benchmark into a site

the single best investment I made as part owner of a survey company was a Sokkia SDL 30 digital level

8 years ago
Page 2 / 19