AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Rhetorical Question

Because there's no better evidence of a boundary than the actual lines run on the ground and agreed upon by the abutters. Who cares what marks the end...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Do people still do sketches in their field books?

CAD is to drafting as F2F is to sketches. In both cases, it feels like a bit of beauty was lost to homely function.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Description Qualifiers

Guiding clients through the entire process of land conveyances is a fundamental part of the surveying services I offer to clients. My budget includes...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Does C3D support alpha numerical point numbers?

We use TBC Enterprise but our designers are all using C3D 2025. Alpha point names is not an issue, but you'll need to watch some YouTube videos relat...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Appropriate procedure or not

It's not what I would do, but I'm the type of person that'll check that the garage door is shut at least three times before bed, even when I'm the onl...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Easement encroachment on adjoining property

I agree with Norman_Oklahoma regarding the vast differences in folk's ability to interpret maps. There's something about scale that does not compute ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Deregulation

Earlier in my career I was surprised at how little engineers, architects, GISPs, and contractors knew about what I considered to be basic blunder dete...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Quad Runners in Surveying

It's rare that quads, ATVs, OHVs etc., increase productivity in the firms I've worked for in New England or the Southeast. On occasion we'll get a pr...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid Ties

Older topic but still relevant. I don't care what state I survey in, I'm going to provide the means to anchor my client's boundary to planet Earth. ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Massachusetts plan recording requirement

I'd assume they're just looking for an original signature but I always call. I'm batting about .100 when it comes to guessing the intention of any of ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Disagreements when applying Google Street View to decode aerial data

The simple answer is that the USA is not Israel or Europe and what you've been accustomed to is not relevant here. I'm not aware of any specific stat...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Virginia State Specific Exam

You have to use the specific tabs, which are basically a non-removable tab, but you can handwrite the little inserts that slide in them. You can't ha...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Field to office transition

It's good that you're uncomfortable. Seeking comfort is the surest path to dissatisfaction. You have a lot to learn about office dynamics, time mana...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Shoes / Boots

Salomons are great if you don't have to have a safety toe. They're lightweight, but still rugged enough, while somehow having good traction on snow, ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Words I’ve learned from reading old deeds.

Popple is still commonly used in Maine. I can recall hearing someone say poplar and instantly knowing they were an out-of-stater. Cucumber Tree = Mag...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OnX Property Boundaries ... Is this Surveying?

It's not surveying, they have a laundry list of disclaimers including: "THE CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A LEGAL SUR...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't blame me if I can't accept responsibility

Surveyors greatly underappreciate how map illiterate others are, particularly with the concept of map scale. My gripe with Planning is their inabilit...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid vs Ground Coordinates

Great subject and thanks for another well crafted video. Here in North Carolina, the birthplace of the State Plane Coordinate System, NC Grid is shor...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips & Tricks for field technicians

Make an overt effort to appear courteous towards people's property. For instance, instead of cutting through someone's lawn, take the less direct rou...

2 years ago
Page 9 / 48