AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: root mean square workflow?

It's complicated, and not at all intuitive. Glad you're trying to learn, but without some foundational knowledge of stats, the potential for a blunde...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: root mean square workflow?

It's complicated, and not at all intuitive. Glad you're trying to learn, but without some foundational knowledge of stats, the potential for a blunde...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Altered plats

I would record an affidavit detailing the situation and request that the registrar attach it to the plat or in some way reference it. You'll harm you...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Javad GNSS users?

I'd look closely at the Carlson BRx7/Hemisphere S631. Like most here, I've used just about every software/hardware solution and they all work. I pre...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Preferred Plat Font

I use Arial. Every now and again I'll make a copy of a copy of a copy of a plat and see what's still legible. Arial performs well. Text leaders and ...

2 years ago
Reply
2 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Collection software?

When mixing Trimble with anything other than Trimble, I always felt like it was an uphill battle. I'm sure there are some work arounds, and maybe the...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Rounding....what say you?

Another name for Gaussian rounding is Banker's rounding. There's a setting for it in Autodesk but I never found one for Carlson. You'd think it woul...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: VRS Observations Procedures

The attached spreadsheet allows you to copy and paste coordinates for three separate VRS occupation, then it automatically calculates the absolute pre...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Survey research procedure

I try not to view evidence as being in conflict in the early stages of a boundary. During the fact gathering portion of a survey, evidence is neither...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Survey research procedure

After trying every shortcut I could think of, I eventually learned the value of organizing my data from the beginning in a manner that would allow any...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Cost Estimation for UAV Aerial Imagery Decoding

Your questions are better suited for an AI forum. There are likely a few large engineering/surveying firms that have customized the process of automa...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Standard survey accuracy standards for municipal projects

I rarely see benchmark accuracy specified in NC. When it is, it's not consistent. Although I absolutely hate it, it's usually best just to agree ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor's Statement/Certification

Lots of folks think every survey is an ALTA. Providing a statement that a title report was not part of the survey assists lenders, attorneys & pa...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Let's Talk Tree Surveys

As you alluded to in your question, "Tree Survey," can mean different things for different people. My first step is to figure out why the tree survey...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Accumulation

There are a handful of Metes and Bounds states that allow a corporate cap. For the reasons noted above, I prefer the corporate cap when the business ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor's Statement/Certification

"This survey does not reflect the results of a current title report and may not be a complete representation of all easements and encumbrances." ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Missouri State-Specific Exam

If Missouri uses PSI or a similar exam service, you'll likely get the reference list through them once you schedule the exam. Finding a comprehensiv...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Could this be a stone bound?

Can you upload a picture? What state is this in? It'd be good to see what you're calling a straight line or groove that could be hooked onto. Witho...

2 years ago
Page 8 / 48