Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Took mine about two years ago and passed first try. For what it's worth, I found it to be a thoughtful exam as it does more than test your memorizatio...
Any surveyor who intends to do even one elevation certificate should take the class. I attended a three day Certified Floodplain Surveyor class in NC ...
To piggy back on what thebionicman mentioned earlier, I've had an attorney elucidate the point that a judge merely recognizes when an adverse claim ri...
The value of the real estate being surveyed can influence the level of care in the survey. We know this because most states have codified laws allowi...
Check out PDF XChange. It's not as smooth as Revu but I believe it's still free and allows editing, merging, splitting, setting a scale and measuring...
I'm spoiled in NC, all one hundred counties have a GIS and online registry. Some of the poorer counties have only a partial online index back to some...
"There is something to be said about protecting public safety. When you modify title lines based on your own findings and opinions drawn from them, yo...
It seems that we’ve established that holding the senior line and showing gaps and overlaps on dozens of abutting parcels has the potential to cloud th...
I live and work in NC and have never been asked to produce one. I seriously doubt the attorney typically receives these from other North Carolina sur...
"I hope the surveyor feels obligated to solve the common boundary between the client and the adjoiners." I agree. If you take protecting the public...
You can look through the Federal Geographic Data Committee papers, parts one, two and three. Generally, it's up to the professional who is certifyin...
I deal with this situation on a case by case basis, but I always begin from the position that humans create boundaries then use maps as a proxy. I do...
Each of the fifty US states has it's own system for evaluating a candidate for professional licensure. In all states, any business that offers land s...
"I imagine they should be able to do a manhole in 5-10 minutes" Depending on whether or not you include the walk or drive between the MHs, you might w...
I've used ESRI's SiteScan, LP360 and TBC-Enterprise. I have noticed a difference in the software's ability to handle photo data with varying side over...
I can't share the specific document as I was on the clock when I created it so it's the rightful property of my employer. Most of the definitions wer...
I've never had the nerve to do it, but it might be more realistic to calculate the R/W plan spiral (the one time it's great to work at an engineering ...
Why would any PLS assume that the average boundary client would understand any part of what they do? Boundary surveying is a good stand-in for the de...
Thank you for posting this. I passed it along to three coworkers studying for their PS exam. It's also a great reminder that as professionals, we sh...