AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Per Diem Questions

Well, I suspected the $20/day plus hotel per diem I am paid is well below average. As an employer, you can cheap out on the per diem or you can provi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Real estate agent

Also, there is no incentive for a seller's agent to keep pushing to get the owner the best price. They will press sellers to drop the price by $5000 ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Fundamentals of Surveying Exam

Travel to the testing site, stay in a nearby hotel, and familiarize yourself with the testing center. Get up early on exam day and walk or do somethi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Employees and Personal Devices while at Work.

Unless his work products are exceptional, I'd let him go. I'm beginning to wonder if surveying attracts porn addicts as I've witnessed something simi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Real estate agent

I contacted the board regarding the flagging of a line between monuments in a recorded subdivision, and they said it was acceptable as long as my cont...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Real estate agent

I've convinced a few real estate agents that it was worth hiring me to flag the boundaries of wooded lots. There are a few undeveloped large-tract su...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Getting started with Least Squares

The engineering company I work for has very little respect for surveying, surveyors, or accurate data in general. It is a level of bizarre that can o...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Real estate agent

ILuvRealtors, post: 339344, member: 8778 wrote: Murphy, love your morel avie!! We used to hunt them in the spring in So. IL and they were so good frie...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone have an Allegro Data Collector with Radio Pod for Leica TCRP1205 Robotic Instrument?

I'm having the same problem with the same equipment. I'm looking into purchasing a Panasonic Tough-Pad and using long rang Bluetooth. I'm a bit skep...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Real estate agent

Warren Smith, post: 339304, member: 9900 wrote: Murphy, I'm sorry to hear of your reality. Pat May is definitely one of the good ones, although it is...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Real estate agent

ILuvRealtors said "Like any profession, in real estate you have very professional and not so good to terrible and shifty. I can say the very same abou...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Best robotic total station using Carlson SurvCE

My coworker in another office uses a Juniper Systems Allegro (I think the model just under the Allegro2) with either a radio or an internal long range...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Real estate agent

spledeus, post: 339284, member: 3579 wrote: If the 88 acres becomes 18 after the survey it most certainly will not add value. Of course it does. You...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Real estate agent

It adds value, just not in a way easily measurable, similar to opportunity cost. I would assume that the real estate agent is aware that new surveys ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What Android apps are you using in the field?

As a non-HP user, I like Mobi Calculator (Android only). You can customize the keys and all your calculations are stored in a history similar to a br...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: PS review materials...

I took the PS in 2013 and passed. I used my calculator three, maybe four times and mostly for all the PLSS junk that I will be glad to retire to triv...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: NC state specific exam

If you fail either of the State Specific exams, be sure to attend the review session. Despite the inconvenience of a 3.5 hour drive to Raleigh, I att...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for hand held GPS

I would recommend purchasing an Earthmate PN-60 from DeLorme. They're easy to use, rugged, and have good map features. I think you can even get them...

11 years ago
Page 48 / 48