AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Carlson F2F & Alpha-Numeric Points

It's not an elegant solution, but you could always export your linework as a dxf from SurvCE then import it as a block in Carlson without specifying a...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: New England stone walls along roads

The myth is that it protects the public to research back to the King's grant, find a one mention of the road being 4 rods and then declare that a long...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Zoning

I think zoning would work if individual land owners within a zoned municipality were required to attend one Board of Adjustment meeting per year. Expe...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Triangulation, and other forgotten skills

I used a bastardized form of triangulation to locate a wild bee hive for a bee keeper. Usually you just sight a bee flying to its nest, take the bear...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What control points do you use?

6" mag nail with plastic washer set just below grade. Mag nails no washer in asphalt. I do mostly rural surveys and feel that the potential to confu...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Attorney requested ALTA revisons

On the flip side, I recently submitted a monstrous ALTA of a series of condominiums and didn't hear a peep from the attorney. At first I was patting ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Where does the profession go from here?

I don't understand this idea of "one product." A man calls me and says he needs a survey. I ask him what has happened in his life that makes him fee...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Helping Another Surveyor

If a licensed surveyor calls asking for a specific plat I would extend them the professional courtesy of providing it at no cost. From your statement...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Where does the profession go from here?

My guess is that land surveying will muddle along as it always has. If you view yourself as a victim then you will likely remain one. I'm the only p...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Then do Aerial Drone Operators become Surveyors?

"These button pushers with a $500 drone need to be put in their place." That attitude reinforces the perception of surveyors as trouble makers and not...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Fossil used for Section Corner

Will he put the monument back?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: And now a moment of unbridled snobbery

I was routinely punished by my stepmother (a former English teacher) for my poor penmanship. I spent countless hours practicing both print and cursiv...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Teaching Leadership

I've seen a couple of help wanted adds that weren't far off from this: Help Wanted: Survey Party ChiefMust possess the patience of Buddha, the morals ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Mylar

Most counties in NC still require a mylar with an original signature. I use black permanent marker but I don't believe it is specified in the regs. I ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Crazy County Clerk?

I send our secretary or someone else with no connection to the project. Generally, the traits I value in others are conspicuously missing in Planning ...

11 years ago
Page 46 / 48