AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Records and Ethics

"Other than reviewing subdivision plats, why would the city have anything to do with recording surveys. In Alabama that is done at the county courthou...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Records and Ethics

"What are the problems that requiring recording would create?"It creates the means for municipalities to dictate the elements displayed on a plat. Th...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Records and Ethics

"I think it is unethical to charge an adjoiner for a plat you have already done." An attitude like that would make it difficult for me to explain how...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why “cut line”?

One can walk a line and observe evidence without cutting. I knew a surveyor who located every fence post down a 2000' line. Most of his convoluted dee...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Records and Ethics

Also from a non-recording state:I find that few people fully understand the data represented on a given plat and that I can better serve the public tr...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Records and Ethics

1 & 2 would get a copy after I received payment for my time and the value of the information. 3 gets a free copy that at the very least shows the ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Records and Ethics

1 & 2 would get a copy after I received payment for my time and the value of the information. 3 gets a free copy that at the very least shows the ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The State of the Cadastre

A GIS is only as accurate as the least qualified technician entering data into to it. A precise GIS is something to strive for but accuracy in regard...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying and GIS (for the practical and efficient surveyor)?

Hire one GIS tech (I hired a college kid in need of intern credits), purchased the basic or standard ESRI software and hold off on extensions until yo...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Project Manager, Surveying or GIS near Western Maine

Bethel is where I grew up and where I am settling down. I own a house about 50 minutes from LA and was hoping to get work there. I just received an of...

10 years ago
Topic
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 870
Reply
RE: Starting a survey business questions

I just got a quote from Maine Technical Source for a brand new Leica Ts12 Robotic total station, a Carlson Surveyor 2,SurvCE 2016, Carlson 2016 deskto...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Autocad do you use pen assignments?

I prefer lineweights by layer as it ultimately allows for more control over color schemes on both the desktop and in color prints.Ctb made sense a dec...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracing an unrecorded survey

clearcut, post: 373025, member: 297 wrote: So, what I'm hearing is if an airline pilot found out another airline pilot was incapable of safe flying, b...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: "Quality" ?

Wow, $7,240 in fines! I bet he won't commit fraud again. It is becoming more and more difficult for me to respect licensure. I too dislike the title o...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Valuing a Survey Business

My former company owned a massive amount of unrecorded plats in northwestern NC. I asked the county registrar if they would be interested in scanning...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: So- they told me this week that I'll be getting a Ford Escape instead of an F150 extended cab...

My former company gave us a Mercury Mariner Hybrid as the survey chariot. Same thing as an Escape except it did not have the ability to reverse up an...

10 years ago
Page 45 / 48