AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Why get a survey

I found my lot corners before I purchased my current house but I would not have paid for a survey if the seller would not compensate me. I have no har...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Winter Wear

I like glove mitts. I buy half a dozen of the cheapies and make sure I start the day with three dry pairs. When one pair gets wet I just swap them out...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Carry A Handgun?

Due to the proliferation of pit bulls in many of the low income housing areas that I survey, I intend to start carrying. I was a fishing guide in the ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Robotic total station

I've run Leica robots since 2008. I recently had a Topcon demonstration of their best robot (can't remember the model) and it was slower to find the ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What are differences between PLSS and non-PLSS systems?

Was it ever, and/or is it still, possible for land owners to subdivide their land without the aid of a surveyor in PLSS states? I know Maine still a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Cad to Surveyor2?

Export your CAD linework as a dxf or if it is a busy drawing, make it a block with the "wblock" command (C3D) or copy and paste into a new drawing the...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: finally moving from ACad 2000 LDD to Carlson 16

If it is C3D, expect to spend roughly 40 hours setting up a comprehensive title block.Include:Layout tabs of portrait and landscape versions of every ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics-Conflict

I suppose both, but I was referring to the latter.I don't take the stance that a surveyor should be penalized for using previously obtained knowledge...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics-Conflict

It would be unethical if you charge your new client a discounted fee based solely or in part on data gathered while under contract with the former cli...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring, Ring....

I did not intend to imply that I agree with it. Maine requires a signed contract prior to the start of any survey and the client has the legal right t...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring, Ring....

JKinAK, post: 432888, member: 7219 wrote: For those in states which don't require recordation of boundary plats, corner replacement, and surveys that ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Sunglasses

Wiley X, same as the military. Priced well and they meet or exceed all construction/OSHA standards. Good peripheral coverage while still allowing for ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Licensed in which states

Maine and North Carolina, I practice in NC. Wish I could practice in Maine as the laws there make it easier for a PLS to cater to clients. There just ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it too much?

Maybe you could punt and just email them a GoogleEarth kmz file of your boundary. Even the most computer illiterate clients can be shown how to downl...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Dowsing Poll

I've seen it work consistently for well drilling atop the mountains near Boone, NC. The trick for wells is to remember that water runs in veins which...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 904
Reply
RE: The profession of surveying is in transition, (Industry Trends) and the way we do it.

Don't forget that the Australia's LocataTech has already created and implemented a terrestrial network of transmitters capable of greater accuracy tha...

10 years ago
Page 44 / 48