AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Letƒ??s go Metric they said, Itƒ??ll be fun they said...

Metric is certainly the more utilitarian system of measurement, but I'm not sure that's a good enough reason to switch.?ÿ There is an elegance in havi...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Can you ethically survey your own property? Can you prepare survey for closing?

The potential for bias doesn't outweigh the ability to perform the best possible retracement.?ÿ During the expansion of NC-105 going west out of Boone...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Can you ethically survey your own property? Can you prepare survey for closing?

I've surveyed all the properties I've purchased for the simple reason that I wanted to know where my corners were.?ÿ I worry more about another survey...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: New truck blues

Agreed.  The 4x4 Astro van was a tank.  A friend had one and it was unstoppable in mud or snow.  The only time I remember getting stuck...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Backsight elevation check values

How are your vertical closures??ÿ I have the same issue with my TS12 but it consistently closes well vertically (around .01') despite the high backsig...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble access csv file to auto cad civil 3d

If you are setup to store vector info, the first line of the exported csv may contain an alphanumeric descriptor for the "point" field.?ÿ C3D will not...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Chainsaw funnies

I've found that the younger kids overcomplicate sharpening.?ÿ I remedy it by giving them the time to practice. In the beginning I will have them take ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Chainsaw funnies

It's sad how few people know how to sharpen steel.?ÿ My grandfather taught me the art. Once learned, you can apply it to any cutting tool. Dad, Grandp...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Bloody Contractors

Not much you can do about it other than hit them with a "priority fee" the next time they make a similar request.?ÿ Calling out their dishonesty doesn...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: How wet is too wet to survey

I'll run the equipment through a light rain but if it begins to come down steady I'll pack up everything with a battery and switch tasks.?ÿ With good ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: All in a days work...

As John said, it's more like slush than ice, just look at the color.?ÿ No threat of being trapped.?ÿ Dry suits are made for cold water, in fact there ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Connecting VRS to CORS

Great timing for this post.?ÿ I just figured out that I needed to change settings in Trimble Survey Styles from Positional to Vectors in order to make...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Right of Way Monuments (Again)

I'm fully aware of the realties of the theatre of judicial proceedings.?ÿ That said, I spent a lot of time time with WWII and Korean Vets in my youth....

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Right of Way Monuments (Again)

Did the same surveyor or firm oversee all phases of the surveying spanning from 1948-1952??ÿ?ÿ If the 1950s deeds have implied references to the notes...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor Reference Manual, 6th Edition

I did not use it to pass the test, but it looks like a good resource.?ÿ I found that doing a lot of practice questions while timing myself was helpful...

8 years ago
Page 39 / 48