AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: SURVEYOR missed NAD83 by 191ft

@aliquot I meant tight in regards to a representation of NC-Grid coordinates.?ÿ The site is around 600 acres and the three BMs they located were all a...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: SURVEYOR missed NAD83 by 191ft

I have a similar situation at a landfill.?ÿ I don't understand why their coordinates were 101' SW of GRID. They traversed through three NCGS benchmark...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: When the neighbor calls......

@dmyhill You are factually incorrect.  In Maine, there is PLS/client confidentiality.  A client can forbid me from disclosing boundary info...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: When the neighbor calls......

The real bad ones are the neighbors who pretend to be nice in an effort to get some dirt on your client. I have never surveyed a day in my life for th...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Out of State Surveyor (4th removed)

I'm not a fan of snitch laws.?ÿ I'm also not a fan of compulsory speech or coercion and NC's law, regarding mandatory reporting of violations, has ele...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: hello to all m

Your first step will be the application process.?ÿ Start the process immediately.?ÿ The administrator I dealt with was lazy, rude, and incompetent, (b...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Yes or No Again

There are always going to be people who can rationalize harming others in their pursuit of order. Unfortunately, the PLSS provides them with a templat...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Special Manhole Hook

Cool find!?ÿ I've opened thousands of MHs but I've never seen one like that.?ÿ I use the tool below when I need to open up a bunch of raised MHs.?ÿ It...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Arrgghhh

If you contact NC's board of licensure, they will definitely do something about it.?ÿ The lead investigator is a former LEO.?ÿ Failure to set corners ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you respond

It's easy for me in NC. I tell them that I am required, under threat of administrative penalty, to perform a retracement survey anytime I offer my pro...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Measuring power line sags.

@beuckie Roughly how much time was neded to process the scan data to the point where it could be used for engineering design?

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Handheld

@burnormj You will need to call a Trimble dealer. I am not sure if Duncan Parnell will help if you've never done business with them but here in NC th...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Handheld

Can you please explain where in the post processing routine you run into problems? I no longer use our GeoX but I ran into an issue with Windows 7 and...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Notes vs. Electronic Data

There is a vague rule saying we need to keep records of our surveys. I've been looking for it this morning but I can't seem to find it. I may have t...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Pinning Foundation Walls or Marking Concrete

Thanks for the replies. I'll try a scribe next time. Between dealing with the contractor's schedule and evolving blueprints, I never feel like I com...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 12
Views: 3936
Reply
RE: Field Notes vs. Electronic Data

Nostalgia is a powerful elixir. All my point descriptions are coded so that I'm drawing field sketch as I go. I draw curves, circles, have preset ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you deal with the heat?

I grew up in Maine but live and work in NC now. Long days in the heat are unavoidable for me. If you drink coffee or tea in the morning, reduce you...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary question--stone walls & trespass

"One of the basics is that when a person knows where his monuments are, they can not claim possession beyond those locations."   Not true in Ma...

7 years ago
Page 38 / 48