AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Sample monitoring report table

Mine have evolved over time, but basically I tailor them to the audience.?ÿ Ask your client what they consider to be significant movement and create a...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Good drafting practice

Once some mapping fundamentals are met, the aesthetics of a given plat are dependent on the particulars of the parcel's geometry.?ÿ Some plats are too...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Roads

A dozen years ago, while I was living in Bethel, Maine, I ran out of excuses and invited my mother-in-law up for a visit.?ÿ We picked her up at Portla...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSS: A Good Way to Spread Error or to Rectify It?

Thanks gentlemen.?ÿ From your responses, I am guessing that my view of the PLSS as one giant pin cushion has more to do with the large volume of Weste...

6 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: ALTA

True, but what about all the other details in a survey that provide valuable information.?ÿ Google has shown the world just how valuable data can be.?...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: UNLICENSED PRACTICE

It would be considered surveying without a license in NC.?ÿ The big issue is that GIS guys and gals typically have no understanding or training in err...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: project Numbers.... a discussion

I'd be afraid to sort my data using tax IDs.?ÿ In New England, tax maps are created and managed by towns and vary greatly.?ÿ NC's parcel IDs are, in t...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Did you know?

@field-dog If you include islands and bays, Maine has the third highest amount of shoreline in the Lower 48 after Florida and Louisiana. Maine is th...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Getting ready for the FS

Spend a few hours researching techniques for studying before settling on an arbitrary study regiment.?ÿ Some of your study habits will be unique to yo...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Beating my head against the wall

Use a geek whistle like Jon suggested.?ÿ Make sure you do a soft power off on your DC before removing the jump drive.?ÿ I've had a few that got corrup...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Easement description question

If the line is 6" or greater diameter, hire someone with a ground penetrating radar unit that is capable of detecting up to 10' below surface.?ÿ?ÿ Ha...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Flagging vs staking

@jph If I had grown up surveying I would agree with you. However, I grew up logging and watched my dad and many others flag boundaries without issue....

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Flagging vs staking

I have no problem flagging lines with a compass for logging or clearing brush in rural areas.?ÿ I rarely get to do it anymore because I don't give cli...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: What the heck am I missing????

I've performed surveys that I would almost be willing to pay to work on because of the thrill of searching for and finding buried treasure.?ÿ ?ÿ The ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Survey Setup.

I'm surprised by the negative views of RTNs.?ÿ I've been using NC's for three years and have had only positive experiences. Granted, it's hard to be c...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How would you deal with this note?

I've encountered similar situations.?ÿ I place no stock in tax maps.?ÿ Pull a few deeds, scare up a couple of corners, and then compare risk to value....

6 years ago
Page 33 / 48