AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Tree and Plant identification

I thought I was good at tree ID until I moved to the southeast.?ÿ I've been down here a decade and I still don't know half the thirty or so different ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Tree Location

Locating 1.75" diameter trees in a part of North America that hosts the greatest diversity of species is absurd.?ÿ It is a light form of regulatory ta...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Tree Location

Buy a forestry tape. Download Virginia Tech's dendrology app. Go through and measure Dia., and mark it and the specie on flagging roll then tie around...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Phrases to watch out for...

The realtor told me... ?ÿ ?ÿ ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculators

Two TI 30Xs then throw them away after you get your license and use your cellphone and the data collector. A calculator with a long history is the wa...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How effective is your State Board at Dealing with Unlicensed Practice/License abuse Practice?

NC will throw some hefty fines at engineers practicing surveying without a license.?ÿ I often see engineering firms get popped for surveying or engine...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How effective is your State Board at Dealing with Unlicensed Practice/License abuse Practice?

The NC Board has teeth and likes to bite. Disciplinary action is at the end of the fall newsletter. ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: What are your feelings on the CFS? (Certified Floodplain Surveyor)

I signed up for NC's CFS class that begins in about a month.?ÿ I'll be surprised if it isn't cancelled due to Covid.?ÿ North Carolina has by far the b...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: What are your feelings on the CFS? (Certified Floodplain Surveyor)

While it's true that some states allow engineers or architects to certify ECs, in NC only a PLS can do it.?ÿ I bet it would surprise everyone how many...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Confined Spaces HSE?

Usually if you see roaches scurrying around near the bottom you're good to go.?ÿ If you're a worry-wart, just drop a mouse or a frog or something down...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: They wanted copies of my tax returns & financial statements .

The warning sign for me is that they are not requesting proof of a minimum amount of liability insurance. I dealt with something similar.?ÿ It turned...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Corner off

If I were in the same position as D.Drahn, I would let the lady know that there might be a problem and that she should talk to a PLS.?ÿ?ÿ I'm not a l...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: FS Exam Prep

Do some quick research on efficient study techniques.?ÿ Clump definitions into groups of five. Learn five, then move on to the next clump.?ÿ Study a ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Just find the corners!

NC allows you the option of writing a Report of Survey in lieu of drafting a plat (with a few exceptions).

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Practice of Land Surveying or not?

It's all about the Benjamins.?ÿ ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Local grid

Assign coordinates to your building corners (ie. N (or Y):1000 ; E (or X):2000 Decide where you want to orient the front face of your building S...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: 105 Ac ALTA

@holy-cow Brine it then smoke it and you might change your opinion.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you describe our role to landowners?

I strongly disagree.?ÿ A PLS is expected to understand the ins and outs of the local governing bodies.?ÿ Facts and evidence are the foundation of our ...

6 years ago
Page 34 / 48