AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Interesting Idea...( at least for me it is.....)

I'll take a funky looking plat with obvious errors over a beautifully drawn work of fiction any day.?ÿ NC is plagued by pre 1970 strip lot subdivisio...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Creating Field2Finish

I also use the odds and evens method.?ÿ It's an enjoyable challenge to string together codes.?ÿ I've found that double coding is a clean way to avoid ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Flagging vs staking

I check all the boxes and follow the rules in the state in which I am working, but determining how we protect the public is much more subjective with ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Surveys

@aliquot The more I gain insight into the though processes of PLSS surveyors, the more I believe that the fundamental difference arrives from the vas...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Surveys

@holy-cow I was not aware that showing easements that cross the subject tract's boundary was optional in some states.?ÿ How do you pick and choose wh...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Surveys

@jim-in-az I think you know what I was getting at, but you are correct, there is no such law.?ÿ The conditions of licensing effectively prevent a PLS...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Surveys

@thebionicman I'll concede that the regulatory takings is a specious argument.?ÿ It does not meet the current bar set for regulatory takings.?ÿ Simil...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How Would You Code It?

gg B gg?ÿ gg gg gg gg gg PC gg gg PT gg gg CLO ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Surveys

I think we argue less then you guys in recording states.?ÿ Also, plenty of plats get recorded.?ÿ The real difference is that we are not compelled by l...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Surveys

I am fortunate to work in a state that requires subdivisions to be recorded but not retracements.?ÿ In my experience, hesitation to provide for free o...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Land surveying technology, where'd we come from, and where are we going?

The allure of precious and rare metals will push innovations into remote sensors that can penetrate deep into asteroids and other celestial objects.?ÿ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Lunch and Learn PDU Course - Leading from the Field

Jocko Willink has some great material on leadership that you may be able to include in your presentation.?ÿ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics Question - Hiring RPLS to Sign Reports

Ethically, you should get licensed.?ÿ In all the states I've worked in, you would be surveying without a license.?ÿ I would only recommend hiring a ru...

6 years ago
Page 32 / 48