AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Newer used truck

@richard-imrie?ÿ I can tig weld and cobb stuff together with a mig, but I don't currently have a welder because I know three different guys that betw...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Under Promise ~ Over Deliver

I too am consistently overly optimistic.?ÿ A few years ago I reviewed my estimates and found that if I take whatever price or time I come up with for ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Bearing Reference in Legal Descriptions

My advice would just be plagiarism of Wattles.?ÿ The only departures from his excellent text, might be that, due to peculiarities of NC, I tend to inc...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Is this a tree or a stump?

They are most likely trees that have recently been trimmed that way.?ÿ Henceforth I will be using the term, pollarded, thanks Bill C.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Look Ma, I'm a Photogrammetrist

@leegreen Thanks for the insights.?ÿ I can and will collect at 1-second static.?ÿ?ÿ One of the reasons I'm considering returning the DRTK-2 Base (no...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring Ring

@bstrand I won't argue with that, but you would still resurvey any lot regardless even if all called for monuments were ten foot stone monoliths with...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Look Ma, I'm a Photogrammetrist

This is the first UAV our company has purchased and we have not performed any aerial surveys with it yet.?ÿ We've only been using modern GNSS receiver...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Look Ma, I'm a Photogrammetrist

I've already connected the P4RTK to NC's VRN.?ÿ In the last four years, I have yet to be in an area where I could not get enough signal to connect to ...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 46
Views: 2590
Reply
RE: Ring Ring

I like the value approach in theory but speculation can border on extortion if one is not careful.?ÿ We live in an age where the best of the best PLSs...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring Ring

Only a PLS could turn enormous demand for their services into a stressor.?ÿ Here's how I've been dealing with the workload: Client: I need a survey a...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How to describe trees with "two or more trunks"

I was told by a forester that the correct term is bifurcated.?ÿ I code most points including trees, so my code always begins with a "T".?ÿ In this exa...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: First Blood

That's good to know about sphagnum moss.?ÿ I've used Prunella vulgaris?ÿor Roman heal-all/self-heal.?ÿ The whole plant is edible.?ÿ I believe it works...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D Point Description Coding

Sounds like I need to put more effort into learning the nuances of C3D.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Optimum Field Crew Set-up

Laptops and a laser printer capable of printing standard and 11x17" sheets.?ÿ If the laptops will have any CAD programs, it will not be a savings to g...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: PSA tiny tick bite

@spotteddog I stopped using dryer sheets on my cloths when I discovered how effective they are at repelling nearly all living creatures.?ÿ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Title Company

I don't understand how it is cost effective to sub-out deed research.?ÿ Are the online registries controlled by a private entity??ÿ Are they incomplet...

5 years ago
Page 27 / 48