AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Foundation Staking

When I stake foundations or write info on stakes, I do it with the dumbest guy on the crew in mind.?ÿ I typically tell this to the contractor unless i...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Foundation Staking

Galvanized spike with pink whiskers

5 years ago
Reply
RE: ƒ??Real Elevationsƒ?

In NC we are required to perform a tie to NCSPCS if a NGS benchmark is within 2000' of any portion of the subject parcel.?ÿ If a PLS doesn't own a GNS...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Land Surveyor I.T.

Before involving the authorities, I would certainly call the SIT or whatever he is or at the very least send him an email.?ÿ It's not as if he is a vi...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Accuracy of Drone Surveying

There's a reason surveyors spend time learning about error propagation and the difference between accuracy and precision.?ÿ Search the web and you can...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Benchmarks

If I was off by one foot vertical on an NGS elevation BM in NC I'd first assume that I did something wrong.?ÿ For that matter, any level run that is o...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 481
Reply
RE: Today's world is not the world most of us grew up in

I was about ten when my grandfather was laid off from the local lumber mill. He'd put many years in there as a truck driver.?ÿ A Korean vet and excell...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Payroll Taxes ~ solo

At my rate, I'll find bigfoot before I find an accountant worth hiring.?ÿ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Welcome to the Machine or Advice for an Office Surveyor

@mathteacher?ÿ Thank you.?ÿ Looking at past projects that involved multiple departments is a great idea.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The world's oldest survey plat

It's an interesting time to be an archaeologist.?ÿ As impressive as a circa 1700 BC plat is, researchers are still trying to figure out G??bekli Tepe ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Welcome to the Machine or Advice for an Office Surveyor

@mark-mayer?ÿ Small world, I'm quite familiar with HEB Engineering in the White Mountains area of New Hampshire.?ÿ It was always a good thing to see ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Should I rotate my traverse?

If you are unlicensed and not working under the responsible charge of a licensed surveyor in a particular state within the boarders of the USA, I woul...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 466
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 476
Reply
RE: Deed vs plan referred to in deed

The physical evidence holds, both the description and the plat are there to get you to what is marked on the ground.?ÿ If no boundary monuments were s...

5 years ago
Page 26 / 48