AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Feelings of power

Interesting timing.?ÿ I took a twenty year old engineering intern out to survey a short profile centered along an existing sewerline.?ÿ I'm not into p...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D Point Description Coding

Why not just import a dxf from your data collector? The linework should be edited in the field as it's collected.?ÿ Even when working correctly, C3D l...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Washington State Filing/Recording Fees Boost

@wa-id-surveyor That makes it even more onerous.?ÿ?ÿ When I think of Washington State, my heart goes out to a poor pod of orcas that can no longer s...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Be careful out there

I carried a firearm while guiding fishermen in Alaska.?ÿ I doubt it would have saved me in a situation where I surprised a bear but it increased my co...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Washington State Filing/Recording Fees Boost

Two things were necessary for this fee increase: 1. A law mandating the recording of plats 2. Politicians working backwards to find sources of fundi...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone run a robotic TS all day long?

If your 1200 was only lightly used, you should get a few years of heavy use out of it. I've used Leica Robots since 2009, beginning with a 1100 serie...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Line Agreement

So we've nailed down the definition of a BLagreement, but how about the real question: When do you throw up your hands in defeat and tell the owner t...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Illusive property corners

Dig it out and while doing so, continue to remind yourself that it's awesome to work in an area where there are no rocks in the soil.?ÿ Dump a few pal...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Line Agreement

And all this time I thought boundary line agreements were there for us to use whenever our client's last name was Smith or Miller or whenever searchin...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips for avoiding big mistakes

Before leaving a construction site after setting stakes, take the signed construction plans and confirm that everything makes sense.?ÿ Take a rag tape...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: YouTube

@dave-o He doesn't get a distance check.?ÿ He sights the nail and sets angle.?ÿ Another way of doing it is to shoot your foresight, then reverse the ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

@mightymoe The Statute of Frauds requires land transaction to be in writing but there is no law that the deed has to be recorded.?ÿ?ÿ I haven't surv...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

@mike-marks Humans will always be in conflict over there boundaries.?ÿ Within a year of the Mayflower's arrival there was a documented boundary confl...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

@dmyhill:?ÿ"I will go further: If you surveyed a parcel and found their occupation encroached on the area described in a neighbor's deed, and you purp...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

@dmyhill I agree that personal feelings or emotions should not influence our opinions.?ÿ I'm not sure what the real difference is between intuition b...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Old deeds w/ restrictive covenants - Now woke

If I spent a good part of each day searching for reasons to be aggrieved, this would still be far down my list.?ÿ They'll probably go after et ux next...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Adverse Possession/Squatting by renters

I've mentioned it before but the Maine Rule regarding AP requires that the party gaining land through AP must know that the land they are gaining is n...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

So you define all surveys that don't produce a recorded plat as "secretive"??ÿ This is a poorly thought out idea.?ÿ Mandatory recording is a new conce...

5 years ago
Page 28 / 48