AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Fed up with Foresters

I was born in the 80s and I don't pine to go back.?ÿ I like the present, presently.?ÿ?ÿ You are completely wrong about how I view this issue.?ÿ My ac...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Fed up with Foresters

@lurker?ÿ You need to Google the Maine rule in relation to AP before mentioning that Maine is righting deficiencies. Also, do you find no irony that...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Fed up with Foresters

The onus is on the abutter no matter what.?ÿ Even if the clearing limits were marked by a PLS, there's no guarantee the PLS will do much more than the...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Fed up with Foresters

My opinion that we should do nothing about the perceived, and occasionally realized, harm from foresters running their own boundaries stems from a sad...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Fed up with Foresters

You can laugh at thousands of years of accumulated knowledge, but I'm not sure why you would.?ÿ Casual dismissal of common laws dating back to the fou...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Fed up with Foresters

I in no way said this.?ÿ I said that ownership of any form of property requires a certain amount of defense.?ÿ The forester put the landowner on notic...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Fed up with Foresters

This is a hard one for me to get upset about.?ÿ In forty-five years of logging, most of it as a one man crew with a cable skidder, my father never had...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The Goldilocks Price

@jim-in-az?ÿ Are you saying a linear foot multiplier? I estimate project costs based on the time I think it will take to get it done multiplied by h...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How to Hire a Surveyor

$5K doesn't strike me as unreasonable in Seattle.?ÿ?ÿ If you are in a subdivision, try contacting the firm that subdivided the lots.?ÿ Their contact ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The Goldilocks Price

Regardless of how you create your estimates, keep good records of the actual time spent on a project.?ÿ Whilst living in the information age, it's sho...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The Goldilocks Price

Every survey I've done in NC that began with the client telling me how easy it would be, ended poorly for me.?ÿ?ÿ Price it for quality and responsive...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How to get your PLS License

The increase in online degree opportunities, stemming from Covid, should make it a bit easier for folks to walk the degree path.?ÿ I know of three ind...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Another encounter of the human kind

I warned him not to raise his rates.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-survey Trespass

Whether you asked for it or not, you are in a boundary dispute.?ÿ You're past the point of easy fixes.?ÿ If you continue to pinch pennies and try to f...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Vermont Hermit

This is in NH, the owners live in VT. ?ÿ ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Curious What the Average Annual Cost of a BS Surveying/Geomatics Degree

Many universities offer savings when you take more than 12 credits per semester.?ÿ I took between 18 and 22 credits per semester and it saved me thous...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: North Carolina Questions

NC's admin rules are needlessly confusing in regards to platting.?ÿ Fortunately they are quick to respond to request for clarification, so don't hesit...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Engineers

Mike's response is right on.?ÿ I would only add that it's important to recognize the chain of command when reporting any errors or suspected errors in...

5 years ago
Page 23 / 48