AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: let's say...

You are an owner now and should remain an owner going forward.?ÿ Whether it be stock options or a seat on the board with profit sharing, I would want ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Does This Sound Reasonable To Other Surveying Professionals?

My guess is that the $2,400 price was due to a hack/low baller or a firm still begging for work due to the Great Recession.?ÿ If the former, no PLS wa...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey (Potential Transition from Civil3D and Starnet)

I recently switched from C3D 2021 and Star*Net to Carlson Survey 2022 and SurvNet.?ÿ I'll get used to it, but I consider it a step down.?ÿ Star*Net is...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Cleaning up our act

The review process is there for a reason. I'm up to four times that real estate agents have sold the wrong lot after showing the adjacent lot to the ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Estimating Time

I'm getting about one out of every ten boundaries in your area and I'm pricing them lower than I should.?ÿ You may find that even with your best estim...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Why?

I'm not convinced that there's a large enough percentage of clients taking deeds and following in our footsteps for grid ground to be an issue.?ÿ Of t...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Faster than the speed of light.....

There's still some debate over the use of quantum entanglement to break Einstein's constant, particularly for communications.?ÿ If you observe the sta...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

I'm convinced it was my myopic devotion to a?ÿ closed traverse that prevented me from taking greater advantage of least squares.?ÿ?ÿ Glad to hear oth...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

@holy-cow?ÿ It depends, is it an African or an European gnat?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

@jph?ÿ ?ÿI'm not convinced they were doing anything wrong either and I told them as much..?ÿ I know we were doing something wrong as a team because n...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

@rover83?ÿ This is exactly what I've been looking for.?ÿ Duncan-Parnell gave me a Trimble style sheet to calculate and export positional accuracy on ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

Great answers.?ÿ Thank you. I need to step up and learn how to enter the info into Carlson SurvNet as my new company doesn't run StarNet.?ÿ I know th...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

@nate-the-surveyor?ÿ Usually around 400'

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 99
Views: 4413
Reply
RE: Professional Quandary

I tell my children that the right thing to do is usually the hardest.?ÿ Maybe when you retrace this surveyors work and find deficiencies, you could se...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Professional Quandary

That's a hard ship to row.?ÿ I'd be calling my board weekly if I reported all the shortcuts I see PLSs take.?ÿ My mind wanders to the unintended conse...

5 years ago
Page 24 / 48