AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Construction of a boundary

Blazed and painted trees directly marking the, "actual," boundary are superior to the invisible line defined by whatever hunk of metal someone threw a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crews

It depends on the individuals. My father spent most of his logging career working solo with his few injuries occurring while working with others. I ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Scale Bars on plats

A graphic scale and text (e.g. 1 inch = 100 feet) are required in NC but I'd put them on regardless. It's cheap insurance and doesn't take up much re...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Recorded Subdivision - Never Conveyed

There's nothing preventing a survey of the exterior boundaries of a subdivision as long as you note that that is what you're surveying. Keep in mind t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Isolate Points with Vertical Offsets

The vector and optical spreadsheets were exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control/traversing Commandments?

1. Determine the length of time the control will be used then multiply this number by 1.5 or 2. 2. Based on your answer to #1, determine the minimum ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Selling old survey to another client

What is the new lot owner using the topo data for? How many parties will be basing their work off it? What value do you assign to the risk you assum...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 1219
Reply
RE: Checking the pulse of traverse closure

For rural surveys, I want the 2 sigma positional accuracy to be about the diameter of a 5/8 in rebar for all monuments. Again for rural, not urban or...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Right-of-Entry laws

NC has one and it is not limited to abutters. If you've reached a point where you're arguing trespass or right of entry law with a landowner, I'm no...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: State GeoTIFF and Lidar Data

I use NC's free orthoimagery daily and the lidar derived surface as supplements and additional checks against blunders for aerial lidar missions. I t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Discussions with the hardheaded

It's not easy to offer constructive criticism on a public forum. Maybe his reaction had more to do with the way you engaged him than hardheadedness. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble "Communications Error" message

Does the TDC600 work off the Android OS? A couple of weeks ago we got an automatic Android update that turned our TSC5s into fancy paperweights. Proba...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Calamity Jane

"So I’ll ask the already asked and discussed question about why don’t surveyors want their surveys recorded?" I’ll bite but I’ll not answer your quest...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unlicensed Surveyors in Senior Positions

I don’t see the lack of licensure being the key issue. Many Gen-X and younger surveyors have had to suffer the consequences of grandfathered PLSs who...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Recording Order

I think follow through is the more important issue. Easements are little troublemakers that deserve equal or perhaps more attention than parcel bound...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How much does prism selection affect Accuracy?

Great video. bc-surveyor just picked up at least one new subscriber. I particularly liked that you drew attention to, "savings", of purchasing a Chin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: One Line Survey

I show the line surveyed just as I would on a full boundary, thick line weight with B&Ds, witnesses if present, and monuments described and labele...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

It's next to impossible to accurately assess the quality of mentorship and this is a big reason for requiring formal education. I am only familiar wi...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: One Line Survey

It probably wouldn't work for that fella, but I'll joke about reducing my price if they sign a statement absolving me from all liabilities associated ...

3 years ago
Page 12 / 48