AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Creating a KMZ for Site Pictures

Trimble also has a good workflow for this assuming you're all in with the yellow box. We use the camera on the TSC5 with Trimble Access to geotag pho...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Description by Map only

I prefer a reference to the recorded plat because I can't control the actions of my client's attorney's secretary.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Utility Easement

I'd prefer that you set at least two monuments around the easement, but since that's probably not an option this late in the game, I'd suggest adding ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: California Survey Costs

Thanks Norman_Oklahoma. I reviewed Satchell v. Dunsmoor this morning with a couple of SITs getting ready to apply for licensure. I've been trying to...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: California Survey Costs

An acquaintance of mine just had his undeveloped subdivision lot surveyed for $675 in Bladen County, NC. They moved from Tacoma, WA and expected to p...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Preventing Project Delays

Many, "delays", are predictable and can be brought to light at the beginning of a project. I'm no longer surprised by the ignorance of clients in reg...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Virtual Pincushions

Mighty Moe said it best and with a laudable succinctness. Here's my longwinded opinion: This speaks more to the art of surveying than any one set of ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: State Plane practices

If you haven't already done so, call the photogrammetrist or lidar team and discuss your issues with them and ask about the accuracy capabilities of t...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Virginia State Specific Exam

Updating this for others. I passed the non drainage LS exam. Good advice upstream in this thread regarding references. As absolutely ridiculous as ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Basal cell carcinoma (skin cancer)

In addition to protecting yourself, make sure your younger employees cover up too. I was fortunate to have an older party chief force me to wear long ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Report

NC has a decent example (attached) for a report relating to boundary surveying. Who, what, where, when, why, and how will get you most of the way th...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Client Privilege

I'm not aware of any regulation dealing with client confidentiality in NC, SC, or TN. I learned to keep mum the hard way, twice. In both instances, ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Client Privilege

Maine has client/surveyor privilege. A contract is required before commencing a survey and the client may specifically request that the PLS not share...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Official City map vs iron pins

"I still desperately need some kind of proof that the city map prevails, in order to show the others on my street." "and need some hard proof of the ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Official City map vs iron pins

Were the pipes marking the lot boundaries, that resulted in a fifty foot right of way, set by the original surveyor? I'm not sure that a judge would ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: idea

You could use retro-reflective tape and just pepper an area with it and perform resections with you direct-reflect/reflectorless shots from wherever y...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: question

A coworker just passed the FS on his third try (no college path to licensure) and attributed his success to an online FS prep course. I don't remember...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Seeking Repeating Signature

If your state permits it, use an encrypted digital signature. DocuSign is acceptable for signing deeds to multi-million dollar properties, promissory...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Updating Deeds

No requirement to update the parent parcel in NC. It seems like it should be a PLS's responsibility to explain why it's a good idea to do so to their...

2 years ago
Page 11 / 48