AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
MightyMoe
MightyMoe
@mightymoe
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 22, 2010 9:13 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 1:50 pm
Topics: 1006 / Replies: 9703
Reply
RE: Question for FEMA gurus.

My thought is that the GIS in the county is the problem. Once the county signed off on a flood zone determination, which they did, then it's incumbent...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Question for FEMA gurus.

@peter-lothian I think you're spot on, except getting A turned into AE probably won't happen at this location. My original engineer is still brea...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Question for FEMA gurus.

As far as a map adjustment, none of the Zone A determinations we've done ever resulted in the map being adjusted. I've been told repeatedly by the loc...

4 months ago
Topic
Replies: 15
Views: 1521
Reply
RE: OPUS Working?

It's the beginning of the quantum apocalypse.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: CYA

I do a lot of construction staking, but it's for private owners and their own works. We stake many miles of fence lines, buildings, ect. Much of mo...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: CYA

I think the building staking job I was sent about a decade ago had 458 pages. There were pages and pages of threats concerning what will happen to you...

4 months ago
Topic
4 months ago
Replies: 24
Views: 1861
Reply
RE: Construction Staking Scopes?

Construction staking became more of an accounting nightmare, so I revised my proposals for certain jobs. Be extremely specific on what tasks you're go...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: JR/SR rights?

Without having the chain of title sitting in front of us and knowing the rules that govern title in the state it's impossible to say. They may have cr...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: PLSS Symbology

I've not seen that the arrows are the standard for section labels, but I'm familiar seeing them. And Rankin is right that they often appear in hand ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: New code

The state legislature was busy this year. So far I know of two notable statutes effecting landownership and subdivisions. The notable subdivision on...

4 months ago
Topic
4 months ago
Replies: 5
Views: 1429
Reply
RE: Hardpacked County Road

In pavement or concrete it's at least a two bit process for a rebar cap. One hole for the rebar, widen it out for the cap, depends on the type of cap ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Hardpacked County Road

I don't see the point of drilling out gravel. For concrete or pavement yes. The driver sets rebar in frozen ground and hard packed ground. No drilling...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Hardpacked County Road

You need a bunch of bits. As far as a 5/8" rebar we simply drive those, if it's concrete then the monument is a stem cap with magnet. But there is no ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Flood Certificate

Is this a huge waterway? 5' of vertical error in the flood map is a big miss in my part of FEMA madness. If it's a Zone A not surprising at all, but t...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Flood Certificate

Why is a LOMA necessary if the building is 5' above the floodplain. What would be the Adjustment? Does the existing Flood Map show that site being...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Good Bye CORS96

@mathteacher There is no standard, only a set of observations over time. We don't have 96 locally most all the control is referenced to 80(93) for ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Boundary survey

Funny you should bring that up. I was working for the same owners about 5 miles south last summer. A black bear started running right at my location f...

5 months ago
Page 9 / 536