AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
MightyMoe
MightyMoe
@mightymoe
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 22, 2010 9:13 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 1:50 pm
Topics: 1006 / Replies: 9703
Reply
RE: Surveying in non-existent towns

The latest one we did was for a vacated town. It was interesting, the evidence of a town that was never built out, then vacated, then pastured made it...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Numbers

@williwaw 73 was the number 2 pick of random 1-100 numbers.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Numbers

Holy, I'm a fan of the Hitchhiker books. I can't say the same for the movies.  

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Numbers

Youtubers wanted to know the favorite random number. They asked average people to pick a random number between 1 and 100. The most picked random numbe...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: GPS Collection with a Disto

only they got lost so easily 😉  

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Numbers

@rankin_file The numbers get really hairy if you let them get to you. Fortunately, I'm not smart enough to allow it to bother me.  

4 months ago
Topic
4 months ago
Replies: 14
Views: 1271
Reply
RE: Another scale factor discussion

I'm taking a wild stab here; that bench mark is EL 100.00'.  

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Another scale factor discussion

"cure the world of stupid", I'm gonna steal that. I worked for a shop that was an early proponent of getting everything on the worldwide system. Of...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Another scale factor discussion

If someone puts out a 10,000, 10,000 set of control, and if it's done close to precisely, it doesn't take much effort to merge it into state plane wit...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Another scale factor discussion

Or just 10,000, 10,000 every job.  

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Another scale factor discussion

Don't sweat it MT. It took me a bunch of time and effort trying to figure out the best way to handle these "orphan" coordinate systems to also figur...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Another scale factor discussion

@mathteacher You are so close, you almost said it out loud. Think about first principals, how the geometry works. Draw a line between 1m, 1m ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Another scale factor discussion

I'm with you, but I've learned when to leave well enough alone with Trimble. We got burned recently; Trimble was automatically exporting a US foot job...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Another scale factor discussion

@mathteacher I'm gonna have to stand firm on my answers here MT. The 100' change of the scale point only introduces .03' of change in the surface c...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Another scale factor discussion

@mathteacher Forget about state plane, origin points and all that stuff. Think of a gird of northing and eastings or YX, a point has a N1,000,00...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Another scale factor discussion

@mathteacher mathteacher, the origin point for the SP system isn't anywhere near 0,0, it's actually N=100,000m, E=400,000m, that would be at the or...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: GPS jamming

This technological civilization we are pinned to is so fragile any number of threats can blow it all away. I've never been a prepper, we all figure...

4 months ago
Topic
Replies: 35
Views: 2548
Page 8 / 536