AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
MightyMoe
MightyMoe
@mightymoe
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 22, 2010 9:13 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 1:50 pm
Topics: 1006 / Replies: 9703
Reply
RE: Boundary survey

It was described in the notes as a set 16"x12"x3" sandstone and a mound of stone W. for section corner. No set stone was recovered, there are very sc...

5 months ago
Topic
5 months ago
Replies: 16
Views: 1844
Reply
RE: Scale Factors

If you're scaling from a close location, use a physical monument and keep good records. The scale factor wouldn't normally be the monument's, it shoul...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: What would you do ?

Not much of a choice, you got to move it. Now if it's a building setting on the corner, that's a different story.

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Hardpacked County Road

It basically becomes a jack-hammer

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Practical Question at My Own House: Called Rebar at Corner, But Fence Posts/Concrete Are in the Way

@holy-cow I had a similar experience, one of my section lines ran off a ridge into bottom land and I needed to stake line through it. I staked line...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Hardpacked County Road

I recently had a project that needed a GLO brass cap in the center of a county road. I couldn't take the Dewalt, it was needed on a subdivision for 70...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic to True to State Plane Grid Bearing Conversion

As you move east from the Central Meridian, true north drifts to the left. Point your instrument to 0 grid, and the north pole will be to the left. If...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Hardpacked County Road

The Dewalt is awesome for that. And for setting monuments in hard ground, it's one of our best tools.

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Witness Monuments

Ahhhh, I've got to speculate since Florida is Sectionalized that GLO/BLM manuals will be included in your procedures. There will be DOT manuals, board...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic to True to State Plane Grid Bearing Conversion

I don't know what GPS program you have, but Trimble will give you the Grid to Geodetic north conversion. Then you can get the mag and historic mag rot...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Witness Monuments

@bstrand You always want to think about how things get messed up. I learned the same way, put in a 2' WC on the street side and it got used as line...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Witness Monuments

This is the section discussing WC's in the 2009 Manual.     As can be seen line a line tree the WC becomes an angle point, assuming...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Witness Monuments

@bstrand It's like a line tree, the point being the line is run, for some reason the corner can't be set, maybe it's in a creek, the line is run to...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Witness Monuments

@bstrand I'm not being clear I guess. My example is retracing original monuments. The WC isn't being set, it's being recovered from original notes ...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Witness Monuments

@bstrand Exaggerated sketch: The kink happens at the WC set from the south. Then line is held to the next monument to the north instead of exte...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Witness Monuments

And technically, a witness corner isn't necessarily "on-line". A witness corner 100' south of the E1/4 of a Section creates an angle point in the sect...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Let's discuss defining curves in tract descriptions

@holy-cow Our legal description programs included the delta as a default so I guess we just followed along. Looking back at some pre-computer descr...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Let's discuss defining curves in tract descriptions

left/right, Delta, Radius, Arc Length, Chord Bearing, Chord Distance.

5 months ago
Page 10 / 536