AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
MightyMoe
MightyMoe
@mightymoe
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 22, 2010 9:13 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 1:50 pm
Topics: 1006 / Replies: 9703
Reply
RE: North Arrow of the Day

Yes, it's impossible. 😉

1 month ago
Reply
RE: North Arrow of the Day

  It's ironic that for modern surveyors there are powerful utilities and equipment that allow for simplifying many process. For instance, I lea...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Now I really want one

I would love to see how in the heck they were constructed, seems impossible for the technology at the time. I guess it's a mold, the bronze gets poure...

1 month ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 1092
Reply
RE: Rabbit Hole and Survey Monument

U.S.B. M on the corner record for the meridian. I can't recall ever seeing the principal meridian stamped on a cap, but that seems to be the case he...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Plan Checking - A Horse of a Different Color

The mag/PK nails every 100' along the route are mostly irrelevant as they get wiped out. Depending on the density of the property the project is passi...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Rabbit Hole and Survey Monument

They even made sure the monument looked legit by using two different size stamps. I guess this show is a regular CT type show on the history channel, ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Thence south 00 degrees 38 minutes 52 seconds east, 1284.36 feet along a fence

There are situations where with is more proper than along, a creek/river boundary, be sure and use "with the thread of the stream", this will override...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

There isn't a real need for precision for this task. RTK GPS would be good for it, Total Station better, levels are the best but since you're not loca...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Thence south 00 degrees 38 minutes 52 seconds east, 1284.36 feet along a fence

Saying along, is different than with. The property line doesn't weave and meander as the fence does between the two main fence corners when along is...

2 months ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 1696
Reply
RE: Where am I?

BPE? Alaska?  

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Deeds Lacking Precision

We used the maps that predated the landowner patents. They had section corner ties, we find a few RR tie ROW monuments, and the CL of the track, typic...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Deeds Lacking Precision

The ones that really can get complicated are the patents that granted lands with an existing RR. As an example the E2SE4 of a section is patented in 1...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Math fun

To find if a number is divisible by three quickly add the integers and if the answer is divisible by three then the entire number is, you can eliminat...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Math fun

A quirky math result has to do with palindromes: The square of 1 is 1 of course. The square of 11 is 121, a palindrome The square of 111 is 1232...

2 months ago
Topic
2 months ago
Replies: 5
Views: 1014
Reply
RE: Question about RTN Field Procedure

The real world always rears it head when doing work tasks. I'm not going to defend anyone locating property monuments with a 5-15 second one time sess...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Question about RTN Field Procedure

The units have gotten so good that flipping them doesn't do it anymore, simply force it to end the fix, then re-initialize, change the IH to be in a d...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Question about RTN Field Procedure

I can't speak to RTN's, but from what I gather they are problematic, at least in some locations. But, I don't believe that they are without easy check...

2 months ago
Page 5 / 536