Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 10, 2026 1:50 pm
There are a set of old benchmarks still standing. These are made of the same materials as monuments the Army used locally, huge and heavy 6" cast iron...
The new elevations will be based on gravity measurements. The original gravity measurements were taken across the US every 300' or so. Seems it was a ...
It's wide east-west along the north line? That's unusual for a Section 1. Wide for record or found to be wide?
@vance-grissom Mapcheck prints out a report, it's sometimes required for reviewers. It is handy once you figure out how it works, I don't do it oft...
There is a routine in Acad called mapcheck, it will do most of the review of the boundary for you once it's in Cad.
Boundaries are made up of elements in the record and conditions on the ground. Each needs to be reviewed to come to the correct conclusion. If those a...
@j-dub It would be nice to be able to download an entire township, that's the way the field office will send files. On the website it's one page at...
The fire station should be good to go, there's no need of drywall, ceilings, insulation, doors, frames, roof, elevator, cabinets or flooring. After al...
I like the new site, but alas, the info I'm needing is not on the new site. I'll have to try and bug the field office for it.
Public projects often mean prevailing wages, certified payrolls, audits, and the worst of all hold-backs. 14k seems very tight for a fire station an...
We will use the relative method when accurate benchmark control is available, but out in the big open miles from any, we will shift to the absolute. ...
@jon-payne You the man, that worked perfectly!!!! You can lead a horse to water........... Hopefully, some missing info will show up now and I wo...
We had a mortgage holder stopping filing of a plat. The corrected plat of the 1920's era plat ended up not changing one lot boundaries except for the ...
Thanks, that works great for Alaska, I'm looking for records in the lower 48. Maybe I'll have to try a state specific site. When I go to the new BLM s...
Beware the ALTA industry title people, they have an addiction to what they refer to as a "metes and bounds" description. What they actually want is a ...
Different states/counties/cities treat these slightly differently. My preference would be to plat the new configuration, use lot 7 and 8 as the legal ...
We do these all the time. For our area it's an exception to subdivision statutes and they come in different flavors. Just off the top of my head you w...
The last seminar I went to, the presenter said curved lines on the north and south township lines, then straight lines everywhere else. Not exactly "b...