AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
MightyMoe
MightyMoe
@mightymoe
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 22, 2010 9:13 am
Last seen: October 11, 2026 1:34 pm
Topics: 1006 / Replies: 9703
Reply
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

The "sacredness" of original boundary markers is an ancient concept. It's so ancient that it was laid out in the bible and even when Deuteronomy 19-14...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

Hired to do a boundary. Part of it is: One corner, one monument. Make it so. Figure out all the clutter and clean it up. You don't work for...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Shoot The Sun

It must be almost 30 years since I called that number. Maybe it was a different number then. There is this disembodied voice counting down the time, y...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Shoot The Sun

Accurate time, accurate location, both were difficult in those days. We would plot our location and scale it off a quad sheet. The time was always...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Shoot The Sun

I haven't seen it. I never got to within 10 arc seconds. A minute yes. The last one I did was in a deep canyon in the late 1990's. I had GPS so ...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Scanning and research

@rankin_file They've done a pretty good job with the new stuff in IDOC, but in this county that only gets you back to 2004. Some counties go back f...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Scanning and research

The GIS shows it blank, no taxes being collected. John Smith is long gone, who knows where the heirs are. There haven't been taxes paid on it for many...

12 months ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 2256
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

I'm with you, it would make a great classroom book for this purpose. It's not a huge reference, it gets to the point, it's very helpful, the language ...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

Wattles and Brown. One issue is what is even available. Wattles went walking somewhere from my office. Finding another copy wasn't easy. It's not Lord...

12 months ago
Reply
12 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

Rebar? I didn't see rebar, all I found was those original iron pipes. As the great Paul Reid used to say:  

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Spitballing at the Office

@lurker I can only show what the record is. There won't be any changes or amendments done with my survey. What happens after that is up to the powe...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Spitballing at the Office

1995 subdivision plat  

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Spitballing at the Office

The state, the city and the county are all "owners" with this property and the street. The street is actually an urban section of a US Highway. Most o...

12 months ago
Page 21 / 536