AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
MightyMoe
MightyMoe
@mightymoe
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 22, 2010 9:13 am
Last seen: October 11, 2026 2:11 pm
Topics: 1006 / Replies: 9703
Reply
RE: Spitballing at the Office

@field-dog The county could. Assume the facilities there need an upgrade and they move to a different location that property would be valuable beca...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Spitballing at the Office

It's an overlap with the subdivision lots extending across the south ROW line of a highway easement. The easement was later attached to a subdivision ...

12 months ago
Topic
Replies: 16
Views: 2492
Reply
RE: Single Total Station Instrument Setup Boundary Survey

I concur with Norman. There is a growing number of surveys as we get more and more previous surveys done with GPS or highly accurate TS that we end up...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: OPUS

@not-my-real-name If you send static files to DOT for calculation, don't you need to download the CORS also? Or are they stepping in for OPUS?

12 months ago
Reply
RE: OPUS

I did get it to work, thank you JH for the info, I didn't know it was available that way.

12 months ago
Reply
RE: OPUS

@rankin_file Thanks Rankin, I'm going to dive into it when I get a break. Not sure when that might be....... I'm glad John showed that option, I'...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: OPUS

That's interesting, my system won't let me use amazonaws.com. Some security violation.

12 months ago
Reply
RE: OPUS

@john-hamilton Try 45N, 107W, anything within 100km and anything after 9-5-2025. It's not for work we are doing, we don't need or use OPUS or CORS ...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: OPUS

If it's necessary to collect static to position a control point, and a service such as RTX isn't in the tool bag, it's probably best at this time to s...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: OPUS

I went to CORS, no data is available from any CORS within 200km. I didn't look past that. The most recent data on any CORS point is 2025-09-30

12 months ago
Reply
RE: OPUS

@olemanriver I went to the CORS site, it won't download recent data. Is there some secret to getting data from a CORS site?

12 months ago
Reply
RE: OPUS

There isn't a way to roll your own? I never even used OPUS for anything other than some checks. I looked at CORS and it's down for info, fortunate...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: North Dakota Surveying Community

  Hahaha,,,,that's so cute. Being from Florida you should have heard of Mickey (mouse) boots. Might want to find some or something similar. ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: ROW

@holy-cow Wow!! I want to say that can't happen, but I was recently asked to testify in court over a similar situation. Once I saw what was happe...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: ROW

@holy-cow WUT? That's major league idiotic.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Tersus GNSS

That's a good question, I simply mounted my existing DC adaptor and use it. It works well on the Tersus rod. This may sound a bit odd, but with the Te...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Tersus GNSS

I do like my LUKA, very lightweight, fast, accurate, it's easy to type in codes on my screen. I've only used it for boundary, don't care about elevati...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Responsibility

I long ago decided to remain as far away from these types of boundary disagreements as possible. Just this week I find myself dragged into one. So...

1 year ago
Page 22 / 536