AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
MightyMoe
MightyMoe
@mightymoe
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 22, 2010 9:13 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 1:50 pm
Topics: 1006 / Replies: 9703
Reply
RE: Interesting sign

There was a spate of those fees during some O&G exploration. The most annoying one was an attorney that lived 20 miles NW of a town. His place was...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

@mathteacher For the airport the error is 483PPM. This means an error in distances of .48' in 1000 feet. Another way to visualize it would be the s...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

@boffc130 Trimble offers a line staking program, set the two endpoints assign one as 0+00 then station stake along that line. It takes 10 seconds t...

7 months ago
Topic
7 months ago
Replies: 1
Views: 1578
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

@mathteacher There was a push to make boundary lat, long based, more like the GLO. It was mid to late 1990's and I used that program, but, like m...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

@murphy I would do the same if I lived where state plane was "close". I almost never give out coordinates, except for DOT and some rare construct...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

Basically it comes down to what is the error budget for the project. We generally see 200-400PPM using a state coordinate system. That is probably muc...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Need advice on magnetic locator

$500 for a used one compared to hours of searching, seems like a no-brainer. Last time I checked a new one is around $1300. We've had little use fo...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: That dreaded hissing sound...

I got that tee shirt a few times. One reason to stop using paint for anything. There are many more reasons.

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Local Subdivision Rules

There may be a disconnect between the state board and county planning. I've not seen where the state board enforces subdivision rules created by each ...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Local Subdivision Rules

Good luck "breaking the rules" here. However, the final decision rests with the Boards. If they wish they can approve plats and maps that don't adhere...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Date?

FEMA map acceptance is political. The last one was a struggle, after the results of it, I doubt this time around it will fly very easily in many nearb...

7 months ago
Topic
7 months ago
Replies: 7
Views: 2046
Page 15 / 536