AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
MightyMoe
MightyMoe
@mightymoe
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 22, 2010 9:13 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 1:50 pm
Topics: 1006 / Replies: 9703
Reply
RE: GLOrecords.blm.gov troubles

Have you found a solution in that program to call up notes for township or range lines that don't show up? I've only gotten them by calling the BLM of...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: GLOrecords.blm.gov troubles

I saw it was down, it's at least partly working now.

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Flagging corners

I never get payment from surveyors. I share info with other surveyors, and they share with me, but, I don't give a thought what makes it simpler for t...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: I've been doing it wrong.

Seems to be a frequent occurrence in that location, just saying.......

7 months ago
Reply
RE: K index

Each time this comes up there isn't any disruption that seems to effect our GPS. However, don't be complacent, another Carrington event could be a ...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

It's the sequence; look at Huntley drive, the PT at 1+44.11 to the PC at 15+40.03 should inverse to 1395.92 because the stationing and endline descrip...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

It's the sequence, PT to PC is a straight line, PC to PT is a curve.  

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

The stationing will follow the curve. In the sequence shown, the PT then the PC, the PT is a point of tangent, in other words the beginning of a tange...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

Inversing those two pairs should produce the same distance as subtracting the stations. The PT is a point of tangent, the PC is a point of curve, assu...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

That's odd, I called up the state plane map and it showed two zones. Then after your post I can't seem to find that map, all of them show the one zone...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

They might be quite close if there is a switchback curve between them, any turn in the highway will shorten the mark to mark distance.  

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

@mathteacher Stations follow the road centerline, it gets more complicated with divided highways. But assuming it's a two lane highway it will ge...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

@mathteacher The statement leaves out too much. It would be better to reduce it to one clear sentence: "Coordinates, bearings and distances sho...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

@mathteacher It won't download for me. I will also add that there are some local projects that were Grid, not many that I've run into, both coordin...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

I've never heard of that, SP coordinates and ground distances published for a DOT project, that would be a painful experience of pointless calculation...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

@mathteacher Yep, you're exactly correct, however that means that each distance needs to be recalculated, by globally multiplying the coordinates t...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: 1st shot at writing and recording a type of easement

I concur with both Norman and Peter. I see a couple of issues with the commencing point tie, it's stated that "the coordinates of said point are refer...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

@mathteacher You really, really want surveys to be in state plane. I don't know of any engineering or surveying company wanting to survey deep in t...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

@mathteacher No error? Map projections are inherently full of error, that's why Antarctica looks so huge on most world projections. It's the same ...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

@mathteacher Mostly because SP was developed for huge mapping projects, not construction, are you arguing that .8' in 1000' is somehow an acceptabl...

7 months ago
Page 14 / 536