AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
MightyMoe
MightyMoe
@mightymoe
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 22, 2010 9:13 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 1:50 pm
Topics: 1006 / Replies: 9703
Reply
RE: Tee Post Stepper

@holy-cow I haven't had many bad encounters with fence crossings, mostly tears on jeans. At least not until last year crossing an interstate fenc...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Tee Post Stepper

You were wearing cut-offs surveying? 😮  

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Discrepancy Between VRS (Company 1) and Base Station/Rover (Company 2)

No one would ever know about the level run if I ran it and it was 0.13' off in a mile. I would eat the cost and re-run it, discard the first one.

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Tee Post Stepper

That's the one (or a similar one) I ordered yesterday. My PC said he had one but misplaced it some time ago. So, I got him one with my order, probab...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: I read this and I have questions

That article reads like a sad country song (is there another kind). The front of the courthouse is falling over from a leaning column, they loaned (...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Discrepancy Between VRS (Company 1) and Base Station/Rover (Company 2)

Got it. The DOT here does quite a bit of instrument scanning. Usually for intersections and of course bridge structures. For the last couple of urban ...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Discrepancy Between VRS (Company 1) and Base Station/Rover (Company 2)

@john-hamilton Awesome, I wondered, the scans seem like the way to go anymore. I don't have a handle on how accurate the scans are, our work is alw...

6 months ago
Topic
6 months ago
Replies: 12
Views: 1758
Reply
RE: Discrepancy Between VRS (Company 1) and Base Station/Rover (Company 2)

It would seem that the VRS combined with other factors such as multipath, HI's, Geoid Models, ect. could each or all be factors with the botched data....

6 months ago
Reply
6 months ago
Reply
RE: The way things work. I’m just not involved this time…

@williwaw We just purchased Starlink for the office trucks. I believe it was $249 for the unit, $39 per month for the service (discount price). Thi...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: The way things work. I’m just not involved this time…

[/quote] Not everyone - there are still a few of us that do not believe in supporting Mr Musk and his proliferation of space junk   [/quote...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: The way things work. I’m just not involved this time…

They put all the cables in and everyone is on Starlink.

6 months ago
Reply
RE: ROW is always fun to explain!

Sematics mean so much. Never refer to the pavement section as the street. It's only a part of the larger street. The street fills up the entire ROW. T...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: ROW is always fun to explain!

Are you saying that it's a different ROW than the one containing the improvements?  

7 months ago
Reply
RE: GLOrecords.blm.gov troubles

snip of some Montana notes from the scans.     Lots of the file is readable, but it seems that the areas I need are problematic. Th...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: ROW is always fun to explain!

To be really picky, "thinks they own to the street." Rather "thinks they own to the hard surface improvements of the street" They do own to the s...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Anyone ever add radio module to TSC3?

@matt3the0surveyor2 Dumped the TSC3 and now have the TSC5, I'm not a huge fan as I like my TDC 600, but the crews don't like it cause it doesn't ha...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: GLOrecords.blm.gov troubles

@rankin_file That's what I do also. It's a bit frustrating using the website, unlike Wyoming which has all the official notes and plats on the stat...

7 months ago
Page 13 / 536