Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 10, 2026 1:50 pm
@norman-oklahoma That would change the dynamic. It would be the same as retracing an 1880 GLO survey,,,,,,,,, use the bearing basis the original wa...
@norman-oklahoma A two degree convergence is large. When doing retracements you have to be aware of the convergence and deal with it when necessary...
State plane there is fairly benign, 69ppm, the LDP is quite precise at 3ppm, 3ppm at those distances is pushing the limits of modern measurement devic...
I'm with Bruce on this one, we're lucky to be able to check mountains of DOT static run control, they're probably over the top with their surveys, but...
Two stone examples: I went through most of a township. The first example is a found marked firmly set stone, 140 years in place so I left it with...
Two main issues with a single base are multipath interference and is the receiver over the point at the HI entered into the unit. Using a second base ...
@shelby-h-griggs-pls Would love to hear some real world results from one of those products on a large scale project.
I wonder if one of the services provided by vendors like the Trimble Centerpoint RTX system would be exactly what you need. For that size of project i...
Yes ground or grid, but from the xlckpx's wording it's about grid,,,,,,,,I think. Ground distances will be smaller by the ratio of approximat...
If I put in a coordinate of 10,000, 10,000, El.500, inverse to 20,000, 10,000, El.500 I will get due north 10,000 feet. If I put in coordinate of 10,0...
I don't know anything about what program you have, but the question is self-answering.
Well, the "correct" position should be defined by the OP. What does he want to hold. Typically, we will run control today on NAD83(2011) tied to CORS ...
Seems like the main question is: are the resulting coordinates correct or not? If they are then the system is working correctly, if they are not the...
I've seen some impossible situations. There have been a few projects show up at the office with a design in autocad without any control data. Not that...
Always, it's easy, the first step with any project.
We always did one thing once we were presented with truncated coordinates. That happened often in the days of NAD27 since people didn't want to type o...
Truncating coordinates disconnect those coordinates geographically. Without metadata they are the same as a set of 10,000, 10,000 with a compass beari...
Truncating was SOP back in the day. Normally working with state plane we would remove the million number. A northing of 1,500,000 would become 500,000...
The coordinates aren't normally scaled from the origin point of the zone. That would defeat the purpose of the project scale factor. In fact, it isn't...