AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
MightyMoe
MightyMoe
@mightymoe
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 22, 2010 9:13 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 1:50 pm
Topics: 1006 / Replies: 9703
Reply
RE: Another Static check

@norman-oklahoma That's awesome, the change was forced on most statewide communities between 2005-2010 when new FEMA maps showed up. Going back ...

5 days ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts

I'm guessing Alaska doesn't have the same resources of good elevation marks close to each site that I'm lucky enough to have access to. We sometimes e...

6 days ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts

Can you roll your own there?

1 week ago
Reply
RE: Access easement question

Some exceptions to subdivision regulations covered by state statutes make access easements and utility easements critical when planning a non-subdivis...

1 week ago
Topic
1 week ago
Replies: 1
Views: 834
Reply
RE: Access easement question

I have to say it: It depends. I've been involved with similar situations. An easement through the Tracts to the south line of Tract 10 can be writt...

1 week ago
Reply
RE: Another Static check

RTX is the Trimble service, I tend to use it more than OPUS which I've seldom used for anything more than a check. Normally we will do our own static ...

2 weeks ago
Topic
Replies: 21
Views: 1102
Reply
RE: NATREF Sample datasets

I just did another RTX And OPUS submission on a long term DOT point. The "miss" for NAD83 was about .06'N, .07'E which is similar to what we've seen f...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: NATREF Sample datasets

  This is the OPUS for the point, as you can see the EPOCH is 2026.6928, which is the same as RTX. I didn't keep that coordinate since I'm not ...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: NATREF Sample datasets

It's going to be interesting for sure. The last opus and TBC data I got from OPUS and RTX declared the ITRF 2020 EPOCH to be 2026.6928. Does that im...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Florida Platting Questions

In the PLSS Witness Corners are online corners, depending on the type of corner they witness they may be an angle in the Section line or the record di...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Florida Platting Questions

You're in a PLSS state, use the manual to guide you to determine how to stamp monuments. Even a WC that isn't along a sectional line probably defines ...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Florida Platting Questions

I'm trying to visualize going to the board and complaining about a surveyor not stamping witness on a monument. "You didn't signal 100' before turn...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Florida Platting Questions

WC or W.C., I prefer WC The monument should be stamped with it, and it should be identified on the plat. However, I've not seen a requirement tha...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

The crew located two stones, a SW section corner, and a S1/4. Put the two coordinates into Autocat and inverse out 2640.00'. Everyone in the office ha...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

We'll have to agree and disagree. The manual does lay out how to determine this. It's vague and some might say twisted prose as it explains it. Eve...

3 weeks ago
Page 2 / 536