AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Meh
Meh
@meh
Free
Joined: March 6, 2020 9:53 pm
Last seen: May 1, 2025 5:16 pm
Topics: 2 / Replies: 147
Reply
RE: Javad LS Rover & T2 Base For Sale

Just to be clear: this is a LS with no LS Plus or RTPK upgrades enabled?

2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: How would you calculate this deed?

It's a regional thing. Some areas would say 14 chains to the section line, others would say 14 chains more or less to the section line. My theory as t...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Staffing

From personal experience... Probably. Maybe. My hours got reduced to 0 about 2 weeks ago, and I got told it would last for 2-3 months. Speaking of whi...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: “What does a surveyor do?” Spiel

Moe you're supposed to come up with a creative "humble brag," not tell the truth...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Starnet Users

I can see what you're getting at Moe, but I somewhat disagree regarding redundancy in a single observation with 2 bases- mostly due to me being a peda...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: There are 2 kinds of people in this world, my friend

Velcro strip is for holding the pocket open, usually.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Bust

How can you prove that the coordinates & distances in your CAD file are "ground" values? Unless you're stating the values you pick off of CAD do n...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Bust

Regarding the plans you provided (drawing 00G09)... Survey note 3 is highlighted, stating "COORDINATE VALUES: NAD83 2011 (2010.00) EPOCH NEVADA EAST Z...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Bust

To clarify: did you use the coordinates highlighted in yellow on the control ROS that you attached?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Opus

Assuming the time series for all stations involved are stable... maybe it's something you could bring up with your state or regional coordinator. Stra...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Opus

Given that not all CORS have access to all constellations (or more than GPS only), I wonder how hard OPUS had to search for CORS in the area to work f...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Opus

Thanks for this- I don't use OPUS much but it's great to see NGS making progress.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you plan your control networks given a supplied accuracy spec?

To be completely honest I'm part of the 98% most of the time... But then again my "standard" methods equate to hitting flies with sledgehammers usuall...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS RTK Accuracy

Given that NGS NOS 92 calls for 5 minute observations when using NRTK for secondary and local control, I'd say that Oregon's DOT standards are apt. I ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Help an LSIT understand

We run into this all the time. And 90% of the time the client says something along the lines of 'what do you mean I need a boundary survey? I already ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: A peer's website

My brother in processing: the client just wanted you to stake the line so they can put a fence in...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: A peer's website

So if I'm reading between the lines... he says most surveyors "find problems", while he fabricates problems. Big improvement.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Map Reader Plugin

PDFIMPORT is the command to import "true" PDFs. Sometimes the text isn't perfect but the linework usually comes in pretty well.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Wake up call!

I'll gladly do something that's not within our SOW or NOT do something that's within our SOW. If you could please sign here when providing that instru...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTAs & RTK

Don't even need redundancy to run that report in TBC.

3 years ago
Page 2 / 8