AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Meh
Meh
@meh
Free
Joined: March 6, 2020 9:53 pm
Last seen: May 1, 2025 5:16 pm
Topics: 2 / Replies: 147
Reply
RE: It was 25 years ago today

I mean… what’s 200m between friends?

1 year ago
Reply
RE: False Point to Compensate for Distance Discrepancy

In a similar vein if my PC has to stake on the fly… my standing instructions are to generally RTK 3 control points for 3-5’ a piece, and then resectio...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: GPS on roadway monuments - how bad of an idea is this?

@thebionicman That’s fair- I remember having similar experiences with CRTN… apparently there’s been improvements as of late but I’m not in state an...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: GPS on roadway monuments - how bad of an idea is this?

@norman-oklahoma I would further expand on that and highlight how locked down centerline control is expected to be in Southern California, especial...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: GPS on roadway monuments - how bad of an idea is this?

Recent example of two 5’ observations under full canopy, visited this past weekend (20 hours apart, rover facing opposite directions for each observat...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: GPS on roadway monuments - how bad of an idea is this?

Why not both? Set up a static-only base locally, and collect RTK-logging when using a network rover… post process the rover logging against your local...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Has anyone had this problem arise before.

If your field crew booked their traverse you could see if you could integrate that... but you might be getting into Star*Net territory if they didn't ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Has anyone had this problem arise before.

If that's the case then yes I'd 100% agree that you shouldn't be using calibrations unless in specific circumstances... My current employer does not (...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Has anyone had this problem arise before.

@olemanriver sounds like you just need to run a transformation (as many points as possible) and let TBC wiggle the CSF in for you. No need to shoot th...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Has anyone had this problem arise before.

If you stumped PM me... I can take a whack at it.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Has anyone had this problem arise before.

My personal stance is "field calibrations" are for searching only, and "office calibrations" are the ONLY calibrations to use for literally anything e...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Has anyone had this problem arise before.

When I hit situations like this I'd chuck the calibration, run a min-constrain LSA in grid (since your coordinates are pseudo grid it's good enough to...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Proposed Data Sheet

For sure. I've run time-dependent transformations through TBC with a couple of my longer-spanning networks (~10-20 years on average), and have had fan...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Proposed Data Sheet

@norman-oklahoma In my opinion it doesn't matter what you deem to be the god (or gods) of your control network, so long as you thoroughly document it....

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Conflicting elements in legal description that calls for a lot and block an additional and unnecessary metes and bound description-

@john-putnam I'm sure this is probably a thing, so I'll take your word for it. You could also get an encroachment permit from CALTRANS, which is what ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Conflict of Interest

@wendell this smells like an absolute fishing expedition- pretty much the same post was posted at about the same time (except from the buyer's POV) on...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Bridge Deformation Study

@ field-dog With monitoring we are generally more interested in accuracy (i.e. the determining the "true location" of something right now versus your ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Bridge Deformation Study

There is a major league difference between reporting to the nearest 0.001' and reporting accuracies to the nearest 0.001', and from what I see a major...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Time for Board to enforce California Law 8762?

Corner records can be filed if there aren't any ROS triggers in play (i.e. 8762). People like to point at 8765(d), which states a ROS is not required ...

2 years ago
Page 1 / 8