AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
10 years ago
Reply
RE: Honolulu, North Carolina?

Thanks, Gavin. Theory says that Lambert state planes work like this. I'm not a surveyor, so I have to use whatever measured lines I can find for testi...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Educating in Steps and Where Have Too Many Stopped

I wonder how many spreadsheet conversions from degrees and decimals to degrees, minutes, and seconds suffer from the error for negative values outline...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Educating in Steps and Where Have Too Many Stopped

Note the breadth of Gauss in surveying as well as mathematics.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Educating in Steps and Where Have Too Many Stopped

Math is often just the framework or the model that lets us quantify the real world. Accountants use Assets = Liabilities + Capital as the general mode...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: whats happening?

I hear you, Kent. The insurance holding company that I worked for more than 20 years ago had a title insurance subsidiary. Its president was a lawyer ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: whats happening?

Kent McMillan, post: 386975, member: 3 wrote: -- the triumph of the actuarial model in land title insurance? CorporationsWhat is the actuarial model i...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 1034
Reply
RE: Southern lights

mkennedy, post: 386480, member: 7183 wrote: ...it's a useful technique.Indeed it is. I found Mintaka in the email address for Dr. Allen Shafter, the h...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Southern lights

Thanks, Melita. I did not find the aty. site. I followed a very tortured path of identifying email servers and searching in convoluted ways. That led ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Southern lights

Here you go. This is a good bit of the missing paper. The class web pages on the Rohan server at SDSU were deleted back in May. I have no idea how I g...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Southern lights

Thanks, John and Loyal. I see in the formula, rho, the radius of curvature of the earth, multiplied by 2. That was one of the points covered in Profe...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Southern lights

No,that's not it. The paper is on Atmospheric Refraction. Here's a substitute site that's pretty good. Where it gives references, go to those.Ol' Penn...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Southern lights

John, that link takes the cake. I can't fix it.I found it on 8-11, read the article, and copied the link. It was written by Andrew T. Young, an adjunc...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: TI-84 plus want to buy or barter

TI owns the general math education market and they work hard at keeping it. I used an HP 12 C back in my financial services life. Bought in late 80s a...

10 years ago
Forum
Topic
10 years ago
Replies: 17
Views: 1359
Reply
RE: Grid/Ground Madness

BajaOR, post: 386015, member: 9139 wrote: .... Is there any reason to ever calc or use the reciprocal?In my first job out of college, I used a Monroe ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid/Ground Madness

Tom Adams, post: 386009, member: 7285 wrote: ...and if that is how they say it on the NGS data sheets, ...Thinking about it further, there is an elem...

10 years ago
Page 94 / 114